Trophy Thoughts

I think the best the mechanic’s time in a race is glitched. Pretty certain it’s the forklift race in level 6 part 1. The mechanic’s time seems to be 08:40, but if you get under that it doesn’t register you as crossing the finish line. Get a bad time and it does.

It's being supported by the Tools Up! devs (The Knights of Unity) so I wonder if it's some (or all) of them that made this. Making a new studio since Unity has made poor actions in recent times. As it has that similar co-op + do work tasks mix about it.

Any idea on what level and how to get the Mechanic’s Menace Trophy?

A lil hint if playing this couch co-op - forget using the conveyor on some levels it’s just easier and quicker picking up the other player on a forklift or just manually tossing the boxes.

Edited by Graffin_G

On 4/25/2024 at 4:32 PM, Graffin_G said:

I think the best the mechanic’s time in a race is glitched. Pretty certain it’s the forklift race in level 6 part 1. The mechanic’s time seems to be 08:40, but if you get under that it doesn’t register you as crossing the finish line. Get a bad time and it does.

I ran into this issue too. The game has quite a few bugs. I beat the time but the timer keeps going. I haven't finished the game yet so not sure if theres another opportunity to do this. I hope they are able to fix it.

The devs have acknowledged that the trophy Mechanic’s Menace doesn’t unlock and will be patched. Apparently it was already patched for single player, but the PS5 version hasn’t received any updates (still v1.00), whereas the PS4 version has had an update but haven’t tried on there yet.

More bad news. It looks like the trophy for Firewall, Never Heard Of It is also glitched. 

I played with my partner on the PS5 - we completed all 3 parts of level 30 without getting killed even once by the “boss” and finished in just over 6 mins (9:10 is the green target time), the trophies for coffee in all levels and 3 star all levels popped l, but not the one for not getting hurt in the final level.

Which also means the platinum is unobtainable. 

We’ll make a start on the PS4 version and see how buggy that is. For a small company with it being a side project of a game, I’m not holding out much hope that it will be fixed any time soon, but I have received one reply from one of the devs on Twitter/X, so hopefully I’m wrong and it does get fixed!

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 10:32 AM, Graffin_G said:

Did you try running it on foot? My husband and I tried multiple times and he constantly got under the mechanics score. I decided to run it on foot for fun and then it popped for me.

Posted (edited)

Yes, have tried running the race on foot. Apparently the dev said it’s a known issue that will be fixed in a patch to be released soon.

on the PS5 - we can’t get Mechanic’s Menace or Firewall? (Not getting hurt in level 30) to unlock

on the PS4 - we’re on level 17 at the moment. Same issue with Mechanic’s Menace, but the one for completing 10 levels in green (Getting the hang of it) seems to also be glitched… oh and even more buggy. Boxes are getting stuck where they shouldn't be, and there's at least one level where you can walk through a wall (the one with two conveyor belts and it looks like P1 and P2 are on opposite sides of a wall... walk through the section in-between the belts).

Edit: seems the Cosmic Glitter trophy is glitched on PS4 too… wow

We’re up to level 28 now - all green with 3 stars and the Getting the hang of it trophy still hasn’t popped :(

Edited by Graffin_G

On 5/11/2024 at 12:39 PM, the_little_brew said:

Did you try running it on foot? My husband and I tried multiple times and he constantly got under the mechanics score. I decided to run it on foot for fun and then it popped for me.

How exactly did you get it to pop?

PSN Profiles shows just 1 or 2 people getting it.

Is this the PS5 or PS4 version. Are you playing the PS4 version on the PS5? Are you playing in Solo or Co-Op mode?

I'm just trying to work out how you could do it. The PS4 version (which i've played on both a PS4 and PS5), the timer doesn't stop. Whereas the PS5 version, you can get the timer to stop and say "Winner" or "Cheater", but it won't stop the first time you cross the finish line - you have to go back over it to register, unless the time is over the Mechanic's time (08:40 co-op, 10:00 solo), then it seems to stop most of the time.

Any tips?

Martynas from Jolly Bits has replied back to me saying he's aware of various bugs and glitches which are to be fixed and a patch to be released soon. But, how soon, I don't know.

Will it fix everything or break something else? Who knows. It's a great lil game, but the glitches and bugged trophies kinda sours the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding  Mechanic Menace on PS5, it CAN be obtained when playing solo. Co-op for some reason doesn't stop the timer, as stated above.
I haven't gotten to the final level yet, but hopefully all other trophies pop when they should...

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 3:57 PM, Soraking1991 said:

Regarding  Mechanic Menace on PS5, it CAN be obtained when playing solo. Co-op for some reason doesn't stop the timer, as stated above.
I haven't gotten to the final level yet, but hopefully all other trophies pop when they should...

Got the PS5 Mechanics Menace Trophy by playing solo player. Just moved the cone near the brick column and took a shortcut - ran it in 09:07.

Happy to report that Firewall? and the Platinum also pop after completing level 30 without getting hit on the PS5 by playing solo player also.

They're meant to unlock in co-op as well, but for some reason don’t.

So I finally have the PS5 platinum. Just need them to fix the glitched trophies in the PS4 version as they don’t seem to unlock in co-op or solo modes.

You may notice a bug in level 29 stage 3. It only gives you 2 stars instead of 3 for completing all the objectives. Weird!

It seems like Steam and other platforms are getting regular patches to the game. I've been following the release notes and Twitter/X, and it seems like they're just making the game easier by making the boxes snap onto the forklifts, and removing the glitches like boxes rolling or getting stuck where they shouldn't.

Not sure why the patches aren't coming to PlayStation. The PS4 did get a couple (I think it's on v1.02). The PS5 hasn't gotten any update. Steam is up to v1.20.

Single player is a lil more challenging, but you should see how much more of a mess the game is on the PS4 despite that version receiving patches.

I do like how they attempted to create different levels for the solo player campaign though!

I'll keep you guys posted if I hear back from the Dev or the patches for PS4 & PS5 finally get released.

Edited by Graffin_G
Platinum possible on PS5 not PS4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Soraking1991 said:

@Graffin_G I see you finally managed to get the platinum.

What did you do to obtain the Level 30 without getting hit trophy?

I'm pretty sure I should've got it while playing coop... do I have to go through all the game solo just for this trophy?

Yep. This won't unlock if playing co-op. You may as well pick up Mechanic's Menace while you're doing the solo playthrough as well. Just move the cone next to the brick wall in level 6, stage one and run it. Should be doable in a lil over 9 seconds. Just have to get it under 10 seconds (it's 8 in co-op).

My partner and I tried redoing the whole level (all 3 parts in one run), then doing each individual stage within level 30, watching the credits to the end. Nothing.

It only popped playing it on the solo campaign. Don't worry, level 30 is a walk in the park in single player mode!

I did a speed grind of all 30 levels solo over 2 nights - it took me about 3.5 hours in total and I got 3 stars in all of the levels (most in green time, others not). You may encounter a bug in level 20 where it only gives you 2 stars in one of the stages, even if you do it perfectly.

Best of luck mate!

Edited by Graffin_G
  • Like 1