Short FAQ about Bus Driver Simulator: Countryside v2.0 (Updated April 18, 2024)

I don't have the confidence to put an entire trophy guide together, but I thought I should at least write a short FAQ, so that people who are interested in playing this game know what they're getting in to.

If you have any questions that aren't covered here, feel free to ask and I will try to answer them the best I can.

Also, a special shoutout to the PSN user Gt5AD-_ , who gave me some additional ideas regarding this FAQ.

- Are there glitches in this game I should know about?

Yes, there are. I already wrote a detailed post about how broken this game is, so please make sure to read it. You can find it here.

The only real positive glitch I was able to find is that you run a red light without getting caught (and therefore not losing any money), simply by driving on the wrong side of the road.

I also encountered trophy glitches on the Japanese stack of the game. The trophy for 10 upgrades required 13 upgrades until it finally unlocked, and the trophy for calling a tow truck refused to unlock at all, even after calling it several times. I finally got it to unlock by deleting my save (obviously not without backing it up first), then starting a new career, buying the cheapest bus, leaving the garage without starting a route, and immediately calling the tow truck.

But aside from that, every trophy did unlock when it should.

- How long does it take to get the platinum?

Excellent question. If you decide to go for maximum efficency, you can get it in around 20-25 hours. Maybe even slightly less if RNGesus decides to bless your routes.

- Any general tips?

You can leave a station up to 90 seconds early without getting a penalty, so if your display says 10:30, you can drive off at 10:28:30 and everything's fine.

The best times to drive the routes suggested in this FAQ are between 07:30 - 10:30 in the morning and between 17:00 - 19:00 in the evening. At least those times seem to have the highest average concentration of passengers.

- Are the scenarios hard?

No, not really. There are five in total, each one requires you to complete a unique route, and they get progressivly longer. The first one only lasts a few minutes, while the last one takes around 65 minutes to complete. You're also not allowed to crash at all during the first two (something the game doesn't tell you), but the remaining three give a you some leeway. The last scenario for example requires 2500 rubel to pass, but you can easily earn more than 5000. The third and fourth scenario are noticably stricter with their requirements (especially the third one), but as long as you don't overdo things, you should easily pass each one on your first attempt.

- What's the most efficient way to get money and/or passengers?

There are two answers to this question, let me explain. Each garage of the game gives you several pre-set routes to choose from. The best one out of those is a route that is available at your starting garage at the bottom right. It can be completed in around 15-16 minutes with really reckless driving and usually has around has a total of 80-90 passengers to pick up. But ultimately, it's down to RNG how many you'll actually get. My best runs gave me 115 passengers, while my worst only had around 70-75. Each passenger pays 45 rubel (the game usually adds them together if two or more passengers get on your bus within a short time frame, so don't worry if you see bigger numbers pop up on your display), so a penalty-free route with 100 passengers gives you 4500 rubel.

On a side note, I also adjusted the times on some of the stations a bit - I reduced Vodokanal, Jubilee Street and Dmitriyevskaya Sloboda down from 2 to 1, Gibdd from 4 to 3, and the second instance of Vladimir Highway near the end of the route from 3 to 2.

Spoiler

VFHicPR.jpg

That's neat and all, but now we come to a feature that's called 'Custom Routes', that allows you to create your own routes (a shocker, I know). It's a bit clunky to control - D-Pad up and down zoom in and out, and if you press & hold X you can use the right stick to move the map - but you only need to use it once, thankfully. The game saves your creations and you can choose them just like any other route from the 'Custom Routes' menu.

Now, what you want to do, is to select the 'Custom Routes' option and then select 'Create new route'. Use the D-pad to zoom in, and then move the map to the bottom right corner (where your starting garage is located). Next, build the route exactly as the following video shows. Be careful to choose the right stop each time, and not accidently shoose a wrong stop somewhere.

The first five stops are exaclty the same as they are in the pre-set route mentioned earlier, but after the fifth stop you actually have to make a u-turn to get to the sixth stop (which is just a few metres away from you). The following video shows how it should look like. Then follow the rest of the route normally until the end. One run can be completed in less than 10 minutes, but gives you roughly the same amount of passengers/money like the pre-set route, sometimes even more. As you can imagine, this saves you a lot of time in the long run.

- Which bus should I choose?

Another good question. Out of the three buses you coose from at the beginning, the following bus is by far the best one overall. It's the biggest, it's decently fast, and just feels good to drive in general. Its capacity of 67 is enough to complete the route mentioned above without losing any passengers 99% of the time, but since you can already upgrade to a slightly bigger bus within the first hour of playing career mode, that shouldn't matter too much anyway.

Spoiler

koDcHPp.jpg

Once you have earned enough money, you should immediately upgrade to a better bus. The best option - which is good enough for the rest of the game -  in my opinion is the bus for 12000 rubel. It's accelerates noticably faster than your starting bus, has much better brakes, a bigger fuel tank, three doors instead of just two, and a slightly higher capacity. The game states its capacity is 115, but that's incorrect. Its actual capacity should be closer to 75.

It's also almost three metres longer, so be aware of your additional length when taking tighter corners.

Spoiler

4ZP8bwR.jpg

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 4

Nice one! I got this game a while ago and was wondering if some of its trophies were glitched or not. Glad to see it can be completed.

Really appreciate you taking the time to share all these tips with us here, @Suminya. You're awesome! ^^

• Like 1