Question about decisions made during playthrough

Crusad3rp

Hey,

I've never played any Fallout (and nah, i am not interested in buying this game because of Amazon series), so i am fresh player. I've searched google, but all i saw was mixed opinions - one say yes and one say no. This is why i am curious if decisions made during playthrough have any impact on what's really going on? Or i can pick anything and just follow the guide posted on e.g PSNprofiles? It might sound dumb, but i really don't want to mess something up and then replay whole game.

Thx and appreciate any help!

• Like 1

It depends on the faction. The trophy related decisions have the biggest impacts on the game world and inter-character relationships but the ones which aren't trophy related, don't matter a whole lot so aren't all that noticeable/important. In terms of the franchise overall, Fallout 4 is somewhere in the middle where decisions are concerned, because the earlier games place a much greater emphasis on being careful what you say, else the consequences can be pretty severe if you annoy a faction. In Fallout 76 on the other hand, decisions are effectively meaningless unless you're going for 2 very specific DLC trophies but even then, not a whole lot actually changes.

If you want the Plat/100% for FO4, it's best to follow the Guides from the get-go, else you can potentially end up wasting time doing additional playthroughs if you mess up the faction specific trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It depends on the faction. The trophy related decisions have the biggest impacts on the game world and inter-character relationships but the ones which aren't trophy related, don't matter a whole lot so aren't all that noticeable/important. In terms of the franchise overall, Fallout 4 is somewhere in the middle where decisions are concerned, because the earlier games place a much greater emphasis on being careful what you say, else the consequences can be pretty severe if you annoy a faction. In Fallout 76 on the other hand, decisions are effectively meaningless unless you're going for 2 very specific DLC trophies but even then, not a whole lot actually changes.

If you want the Plat/100% for FO4, it's best to follow the Guides from the get-go, else you can potentially end up wasting time doing additional playthroughs if you mess up the faction specific trophies.

All i want right now is just to platinum the game, becasue generally idc about 100%  :D especially when game has paid DLC or season pass. So, to summ up - basically i shouldn't be worried about decisions made in dialogues, right? Obviously except quests for factions mentioned in guide, where u have to make a few save spots :D

Edited by Crusad3rp

36 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

All i want right now is just to platinum the game, becasue generally idc about 100%  :D especially when game has paid DLC or season pass. So, to summ up - basically i shouldn't be worried about decisions made in dialogues, right? Obviously except quests for factions mentioned in guide, where u have to make a few save spots :D

Provided you stick to the Guide, you will be fine :).

• Like 1

Fallout 4 is relatively easy to platinum (However I say this as a person who played this on the PC for hours and then the PS so it's more different to me), just follow a guide for some areas as the main quests does have the point of no return (For the factions, you can do whatever you want regardless of beating the game or not). Always save backups incase they get buggy (The Railroad one had bugged out on me near the end).

PSN's guide on it goes into well details on what you can do. Also you can play on easy difficulty. Some trophies can be a grind like hack terminals or get settlement to 100% (There is a workaround which I believe Google can help with the settlement one, I forgot exactly what you need to do, but I think it involves cats and a robot, so make sure you do have the DLCs as it cna make things easier, and they are fun too)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Prince-Varuni said:

Fallout 4 is relatively easy to platinum (However I say this as a person who played this on the PC for hours and then the PS so it's more different to me), just follow a guide for some areas as the main quests does have the point of no return (For the factions, you can do whatever you want regardless of beating the game or not). Always save backups incase they get buggy (The Railroad one had bugged out on me near the end).

PSN's guide on it goes into well details on what you can do. Also you can play on easy difficulty. Some trophies can be a grind like hack terminals or get settlement to 100% (There is a workaround which I believe Google can help with the settlement one, I forgot exactly what you need to do, but I think it involves cats and a robot, so make sure you do have the DLCs as it can make things easier, and they are fun too)

Here's that workaround :): https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/57663-instant-100-happiness-settlement/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1