Trophy Thoughts?

TheStark700

Posted (edited)

I just got the Here to Help! trophy. So it looks like there are two Easter Egg side quests that are needed in addition to the 76 base quests to trigger the trophy. Thank you to Kthasin who mentioned the Tiny Bandits side quest. Then I found the Tank of Legend side quest when looking for a chest that was in a hidden passageway outside of Spiral Mountain that leads to the mission. If you are struggling with Spiral Mountain, you can also get to the passageway in a backwards way by going through the Eastern Well which you can fast travel to on your map. 

That was pure evil of the devs to not put a counter on this trophy!!! Most people from this point forward will not know the struggle we had with this pre-discovery 😂😭

54 minutes ago, firestorm1096 said:

as it turns out, there is a secret side quest called tank of legend found outside kilos in the forest land region. i assume there must be more secret side quests within the game that count towards the trophy, as the side quest was added to my log once completed.

I just found this too on accident while looking for Lango’s Diary 19. I will upload a video for you guys to see where it is. It can be tough to find. 

Edited by DjMethod

1 hour ago, firestorm1096 said:

i have completed every side quest here, except cry for help. this one has not shown up for me at all. and despite completing the 75 other side quests, i have not received the spino do-gooder trophy.

i have a save a few hours before the final boss, so i guess tomorrow i’ll redo the entire final section and see if i can get the cry for help side quest to appear and spino do-gooder to pop 😕 unsure what i did to trigger this bug as i’m seemingly the only person to have done so lol.

30 minutes ago, DjMethod said:

Thank you to Kthasin who mentioned the Tiny Bandits side quest.

where is the tiny bandits side quest located?

Posted (edited)

Why do you have 75 missions? I have listed all 76 missions in a previous post (I will now update it to 78). Maybe try just beating the game and seeing if the secret side quest pops for you, since you said you are a few hours from the final boss…? I can’t confirm at what point it even becomes available. Only that I discovered it during my post-game playthrough. 

Here is a link to the comment from @Kthasin that noted one of the secret quests:

This 19th diary has been so difficult for me to find 😭 I found all the other diaries on my own (except #5) but I really am losing hope with this one. 

Edited by DjMethod

5 hours ago, DjMethod said:

Why do you have 75 missions? I have listed all 76 missions in a previous post (I will now update it to 78). Maybe try just beating the game and seeing if the secret side quest pops for you, since you said you are a few hours from the final boss…?

no, i have finished the game. i have a save file that is before the final boss. currently, i am in post game, and only have a few trophies left, but cry for help never unlocked for me. i’ve even gone to the quest location to see if it just wasn’t giving me the indication of the quest on the map, but it is not there. i have completed every side quest in the game otherwise. including, now, the 2 secret side quests. so, 77 total completed side quests. i have also unlocked all spino facilities, and did not receive the trophy for it. so i assume i bugged the game somehow, and now have to go back before the final boss and redo everything i’ve done until this point to see if the quest will appear. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, firestorm1096 said:

no, i have finished the game. i have a save file that is before the final boss. currently, i am in post game, and only have a few trophies left, but cry for help never unlocked for me. i’ve even gone to the quest location to see if it just wasn’t giving me the indication of the quest on the map, but it is not there. i have completed every side quest in the game otherwise. including, now, the 2 secret side quests. so, 77 total completed side quests. i have also unlocked all spino facilities, and did not receive the trophy for it. so i assume i bugged the game somehow, and now have to go back before the final boss and redo everything i’ve done until this point to see if the quest will appear. 

Oh I see now. Sorry I misread your comment. For some reason I thought you were saying you couldn’t get one of the bonus missions to activate. That’s bizarre and really shitty. I wonder if it has anything to do with the decisions you made in-game or if it’s a true bug. Please keep us posted because that’s a big deal to be one mission off. 

There might still be things you can try. For example, some NPCs have overlapping missions, but after you complete one of their missions, will usually have some line of voice-acted dialogue to say to you before going back to their The Sims grunt whenever you talk to them. Maybe that one liner needs to be activated for someone in one of your villages in order to activate that particular mission. Just an idea. 

Edited by DjMethod

41 minutes ago, DjMethod said:

Oh I see now. Sorry I misread your comment. For some reason I thought you were saying you couldn’t get one of the bonus missions to activate. That’s bizarre and really shitty. I wonder if it has anything to do with the decisions you made in-game or if it’s a true bug. Please keep us posted because that’s a big deal to be one mission off. 

i know for lover’s message, i got the responses wrong and the couple didn’t join my village, so i considered maybe that locked me out of something. however, in saving sis, i also got the worst of the two outcomes. i really don’t want to have to play the entire game all over again, so if anyone can confirm they:

1) managed to unlock the 76 side quests that appear on the map

2) they still unlocked the spino do-gooder (all spino facilities) trophy

even if the NPC in saving sis dies, that would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, DjMethod said:

There might still be things you can try. For example, some NPCs have overlapping missions, but after you complete one of their missions, will usually have some line of voice-acted dialogue to say to you before going back to their The Sims grunt whenever you talk to them. Maybe that one liner needs to be activated for someone in one of your villages in order to activate that particular mission. Just an idea. 

i also considered this. i’ll try talking to every NPC, since i didn’t speak to any after their quests were done. i also wondered if it had something to do with rescue quests, bounties, etc. things i ignored during my playthrough.

regardless, i think unless i’ve done something wrong (such as ignoring NPCs), i’m going to have to replay from my earliest save anyway to get the all spino facilities trophy to pop.

2 hours ago, DjMethod said:

Here is the clip of me stumbling upon this side quest while looking for Lango’s Diary 19. 

This unlocked the trophy Here to Help for me! Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aelinar said:

This unlocked the trophy Here to Help for me! Thank you!

Yay congrats! It did for me too and I was shocked. What a controversial and poorly made trophy.

If you ever find out where Lango’s #19 is please lmk. I spent more hours than I am proud of searching for it yesterday and I really am beginning to think it doesn’t exist. I must have scaled all of Forest Land on foot at least 3 times. 

4 minutes ago, HevyD6586 said:

Same. Thanks @DjMethod

Yw! Ppl will not know our struggle once these guides come out haha. If you find #19 please lmk. I’ve become obsessed but just can’t search anymore today. That thing is so hidden I can’t believe it. 

Btw sorry for all the wandering early on in the video. I wasn’t planning on recording it or sharing it and I ended up taking a wrong turn near the start of the mission. 😅

1 hour ago, DjMethod said:

Yay congrats! It did for me too and I was shocked. What a controversial and poorly made trophy.

If you ever find out where Lango’s #19 is please lmk. I spent more hours than I am proud of searching for it yesterday and I really am beginning to think it doesn’t exist. I must have scaled all of Forest Land on foot at least 3 times. 

Will do! I found #10 and maybe #3 but I only remember where #10 is.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DjMethod said:

Yw! Ppl will not know our struggle once these guides come out haha. If you find #19 please lmk. I’ve become obsessed but just can’t search anymore today. That thing is so hidden I can’t believe it. 

Btw sorry for all the wandering early on in the video. I wasn’t planning on recording it or sharing it and I ended up taking a wrong turn near the start of the mission. 😅

lmao, misread #19 for #9, my bad

Edited by HevyD6586
  • Haha 1

update: cry for help finally unlocked for me. it is directly connected to how many rescue missions you complete. i’m unsure of the actual number required, but it’s probably around 10. receiving here to help! also forced spino do-gooder to pop, so it’s thankfully not bugged!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can confirm that there are 78 side quests in the game. 75 normal ones which probably most players will complete naturally since they will be marked on the map plus three hidden side quests.

• Cry for Help: Will be marked on the map west of royal capital in Sand Land. But only once you did enough of the random rescue quests. I don't have the exact number, but i would say after around 20 this quest will be unlocked.
  • Tiny Bandits: Started by interacting with a certain treasure chest southeast of Spino. This one is super mean, because the treasure chest won't even be marked on the minimap if you have the treasure map for the area.
  • Tank of Legend: Also this quest won't be marked on the map. It can be started by approaching a group of people on the side of the road that leads to Kilos in the northeast of Forest Land.

If you do all 78 side quests you will unlock the "Spino Do-Gooder" and "Here to Help!" trophies. What choices you made in some of the side quests doesn't matter. Also you don't need to do the repeatable ones again. I also did a video where i show all the starting locations including the trophy pops in the end.

Edited by Chromar
  • Like 2

Thank you @Chromar. :)

And I can confirm that getting all 20 of Lango’s Diaries doesn’t do anything. I went to go talk to his Sim and he just grunted at me like Shrek. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...