Trophy Thoughts?

TheStark700

I'm pretty excited for this game, I love the demo, the anime is very enjoyable and surprisingly interesting and very different from DB.

Trophy list looks doable, maybe a bit grindy, but it looks kinda straightforward "do everything" kind of list

Edited by TomerS1988

I recently read through the manga and am looking forward to playing a game with more Akria Toriyama artwork. I think the list, as everyone has pointed out, looks pretty standard and straightforward. As long as it is a fun game to play, the grindy bits may not be too bad. 

For everybody who is interested if the trophies autopop if you import your ps4 save into the ps5 version: Yes they do.

I could not find any information about this question online, so I started the ps4 version with an alt-account. I gained a trophy and loaded the save into the ps5 version. The trophy popped. I think its likely, that the whole trophy set will pop automatically that way.

• Like 1

Is this completable?

Noticed two of the trophies that are missing counts are still sitting at 0%.

On top of that both of the trophies appears to be missing a counter?

Every single trophy in the list that says "a certain number of" have counts, EXCEPT for "Here to Help!".

Pretty much every trophy in the game that is related to doing multiple things has a count, except for the two sitting at 0% completion.

• Picked up lost property multiple times.                                        MISSING COUNT  0% Completion
  • Completed a certain number of side quests.                               MISSING COUNT  0% Completion
  • Defeated a certain number of gang bosses.                                         1/5
  • Cleared a certain number of Time Attacks.                                          0/10
  • Defeated a certain number of outlaws.                                                5/10
  • Unlocked a certain number of Radio Towers.                                      2/24
  • Obtained multiple vehicle parts blueprints.                                          1/53
  • Owned many types of vehicles.                                                            2/13
  • Owned multiple types of vehicles.                                                        2/7
  • Owned many parts of the strongest class for each vehicle type.      0/53
  • Gave Beelzebub multiple skill upgrades.                                              5/16
  • Gave your allies multiple skill upgrades.                                               7/28
  • Activated all Fast Travel points.                                                           16/108
  • Furnished your room.                                                                             0/100

So is this just a coincidence, or is the plat bugged?

Edited by Halaster
  • Like 2

Looks like @ErisFloralia and @DjMethod are at the same point I am where all of the Spino side quests are completed but there are no other side quests (aside from repeatables) on the map. I have no idea how much lost property I've found but just an hour ago I had found about 3 I missed so I'm sure there are still more out there. That said, with no other side quests popping up and having done all of the repeatable side quests at least five times, it's possible it's bugged.

According to this -https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1979440/achievements - Multiple people on Steam have completed some of these objectives but considering SAM is a thing, it's debatable whether or not that's reliable.

I also found this thread on the True Achievements website -https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1547236 - suggesting what you're suggesting.

4 hours ago, HevyD6586 said:

Looks like @ErisFloralia and @DjMethod are at the same point I am where all of the Spino side quests are completed but there are no other side quests (aside from repeatables) on the map. I have no idea how much lost property I've found but just an hour ago I had found about 3 I missed so I'm sure there are still more out there. That said, with no other side quests popping up and having done all of the repeatable side quests at least five times, it's possible it's bugged.

According to this -https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1979440/achievements - Multiple people on Steam have completed some of these objectives but considering SAM is a thing, it's debatable whether or not that's reliable.

I also found this thread on the True Achievements website -https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1547236 - suggesting what you're suggesting.

re: “Here to Help!” and “Concerned Fellow Citizen” trophies- 

Based on the similar wording in some of the other trophies (e.g. “a certain number” of radio towers = all functional radio towers), I  I was assuming that the property one might just be a pain in the a$$ trophy to get (like an unofficial “find all of Lango’s letters” or something, which… I’m not even close). I also tried “closing the loop” on a lot of those property items, but that doesn’t seem to be relevant to either of these trophies either. 

With the Side Quests (SQ) trophy, however, I am concerned that it is bugged. I even did all repeatable SQs multiple times, including all of the different permutations of Junker Millionaire 2 (which as a collector, I thought was a pretty fun mission). Either way, the wording on the SQ trophy is deceiving given the point we are all at. “A certain number” should have just said “all” or at the very least had a counter on it. But every other trophy with a counter never counted the same thing twice- like I couldn’t farm my way to the 53 legendary parts by dying on the Face-Off mission, so I don’t see why the SQ one would count it like that (for the repeatable unchanging ones), especially since, as you mentioned, there is no counter on the trophy. I had the thought that maybe the bounties are being counted as part of the side quests, but then I realized they are grouped completely separate on the pause menu, so I don’t think they would combine them like that. 

Nobody on PS4 has either of these two trophies yet either. 

• Like 3

Gamefly just shipped me a copy today, so I came on here to see if there was any missables or anything.  Sucks it might have glitched trophies currently.   I'm in the middle of Eiyuden Chronicle, though, so maybe it will be fixed by the time I get to it(if it is glitched). 

Not sure I want to start it without knowing for sure what the issue is, hopefully don't have to end up sending it back without playing it for now.

2 hours ago, DoctorBaofu said:

Gamefly just shipped me a copy today, so I came on here to see if there was any missables or anything.  Sucks it might have glitched trophies currently.   I'm in the middle of Eiyuden Chronicle, though, so maybe it will be fixed by the time I get to it(if it is glitched). 

Not sure I want to start it without knowing for sure what the issue is, hopefully don't have to end up sending it back without playing it for now.

I would probably wait because at this point, there are no guides out yet for finishing up the collectibles (which is fine if you have a lot of spare time, but not if you want the option to use a guide to help find them). 

As far as the trophy, it can be missable, bugged, glitched, or just unreasonably difficult.

As far as missable, I can't say for sure if any side quests popped up then disappeared during the course of my gameplay. There are a lot of changes that happen to your "home base" over time, but if this did occur, I didn't notice it. I have seen this kind of thing happen in other games. Specifically, the infamous Sub-Event Superhero trophy from Tales of Xillia comes to mind in terms of missable nightmares from long RPGs. 

As far as just difficult, I don't know if there's like some Easter Egg side quest that only triggers if you upgrade a specific weapon a certain way then visit a specific place and talk to someone who mentioned it in their dialogue.

For the record, I have 76 side quests completed according to my pause menu log. If anyone who beat the game has anything different, please let us know. And if anyone has ever noticed a Side Quest disappear in the game at any point, please mention that here as well. Side Quests are a question mark ("?") before they are activated. So it would be a subtle thing to notice disappear from your map, but it's possible one of us did (if that did happen).

The good news is least one person somewhere has achieved the side quest trophy now because PSN reads 0.1% instead of 0.0%. I was less concerned before about the Lost Property trophy because I figured it was probably just a very difficult "all collectibles" trophy, but seeing that we are 5 days out now and still not a single player has achieved it is concerning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DjMethod said:

I would probably wait because at this point, there are no guides out yet for finishing up the collectibles (which is fine if you have a lot of spare time, but not if you want the option to use a guide to help find them). 

As far as the trophy, it can be missable, bugged, glitched, or just unreasonably difficult.

As far as missable, I can't say for sure if any side quests popped up then disappeared during the course of my gameplay. There are a lot of changes that happen to your "home base" over time, but if this did occur, I didn't notice it. I have seen this kind of thing happen in other games. Specifically, the infamous Sub-Event Superhero trophy from Tales of Xillia comes to mind in terms of missable nightmares from long RPGs. 

As far as just difficult, I don't know if there's like some Easter Egg side quest that only triggers if you upgrade a specific weapon a certain way then visit a specific place and talk to someone who mentioned it in their dialogue.

For the record, I have 76 side quests completed according to my pause menu log. If anyone who beat the game has anything different, please let us know. And if anyone has ever noticed a Side Quest disappear in the game at any point, please mention that here as well. Side Quests are a question mark ("?") before they are activated. So it would be a subtle thing to notice disappear from your map, but it's possible one of us did (if that did happen).

The good news is least one person somewhere has achieved the side quest trophy now because PSN reads 0.1% instead of 0.0%. I was less concerned before about the Lost Property trophy because I figured it was probably just a very difficult "all collectibles" trophy, but seeing that we are 5 days out now and still not a single player has achieved it is concerning. 

Thanks for the info. 

Personally, I'd be fine starting it with no sort of guide as long as I know nothing is missable or glitched.  If there is still no answer one way or the other by the time I get the game and finish Eiyuden Chronicle, then yeah, I'll probably just send it back for now.

45 minutes ago, DoctorBaofu said:

Thanks for the info. 

Personally, I'd be fine starting it with no sort of guide as long as I know nothing is missable or glitched.  If there is still no answer one way or the other by the time I get the game and finish Eiyuden Chronicle, then yeah, I'll probably just send it back for now.

Yw. Just a hunch, but my best guess of what will end up happening is it will eventually surface online exactly what needs to be done to get the Side Quest trophy to pop, and Personal Property locations will be released naturally over time and the trophy will end up requiring all (or most) of them.

That said, I hope someone still tweets at Namco/Bandai about this if nobody has yet. I don’t have a functional Twitter/X account to do that outside of my professional one, so hopefully someone breaks wind of this in their general direction.

22 minutes ago, monoplist said:

I've seen some people in a steam community post theorize you need to return the lost item as some sort of unmarked sidequest. While it doesn't solve the issue with no one having the Concerned Fellow Citizen trophy, it might be worth trying and I don't see anyone here saying they've done so. 

I've definitely returned over 25 lost property items. I think you/they're right though, I bet you have to return them even though it doesn't say so in the trophy description.

Edited by HevyD6586

For 2 Vow of Family, when I accepted the money he offered me I was given the 10,000 and he thanked me. I then returned to the daughter and told her he will not be coming back.

A nearby merchant hears and offers to adopt and take care of the girl, and they both move to the village together. Another NPC says he will let the merchant know if the dad returns.

If you talk to her in the village she misses her dad and wishes he was there.

As far as I can tell that is it with no other differences. So you get an extra 10,000 for accepting it, and she still moves to the village, just with a random merchant instead of the dad who abandoned her.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Halaster said:

For 2 Vow of Family, when I accepted the money he offered me I was given the 10,000 and he thanked me. I then returned to the daughter and told her he will not be coming back.

A nearby merchant hears and offers to adopt and take care of the girl, and they both move to the village together. Another NPC says he will let the merchant know if the dad returns.

If you talk to her in the village she misses her dad and wishes he was there.

As far as I can tell that is it with no other differences. So you get an extra 10,000 for accepting it, and she still moves to the village, just with a random merchant instead of the dad who abandoned her.

Thank you for this info :)So far, it looks like none of this should affect the “Here to Help!” trophy. Unless there are some additional Side Quests from the alternate scenarios, which I am not seeing so far...I’m leaning more towards that the trophy really is bugged / glitched. It popped for at least one person so far (PSN shows 0.1%), and it will probably surface what is needed to trigger it, but it seems broken. 

On 5/1/2024 at 6:27 PM, DjMethod said:

Here is a list of all the Side Quests. There are 76 that I’ve completed. Does anyone else have anything different?

i have completed every side quest here, except cry for help. this one has not shown up for me at all. and despite completing the 75 other side quests, i have not received the spino do-gooder trophy.

as it turns out, there is a secret side quest called tank of legend found outside kilos in the forest land region. i assume there must be more secret side quests within the game that count towards the trophy, as the side quest was added to my log once completed.