Nobody Knows What Happened Trophy possibly glitched after patch

20 minutes ago, MITSTREITER said:

Do you make own Savegames?

And do you make own Savegames?

maybe it’s a Savegame problem. I make some savegames. Maybe we don’t do this and play till the scene without own Savegames?

Issue is the game crashes a lot but I guess you have autosave as a backup. Let me know if this works for you!

24 minutes ago, MITSTREITER said:

maybe it’s a Savegame problem. I make some savegames. Maybe we don’t do this and play till the scene without own Savegames?

I made a save after Emily's World War 1 flashback in the basement, and the game autosaves right when you get to the attic after running up the steps. The game crashed a lot and sometimes I couldn't climb ladders so I saved a lot. 

On 5/1/2024 at 12:23 AM, BladeSpain said:

It doesn't work.

Crash when cinematics ends.

EDIT:  Tried with both characters, games and saves deleted, version 1.0, etc... doesn't work. 

Don't try it if you don't want to waste your time.

Waiting for a patch, but there are layoffs at the developer so it smells bad to me.

I hate this game

Same here man. Didn't do this as Edward, but I would imagine it would be the same result. I've had it up to here with this BS. 

1 hour ago, MITSTREITER said:

Yes, I made a bunch of manual saves, including right before climbing up the staircase leading to the attic. I'm not sure why it works on v1.0 for some but not others. Just to make sure, are you all on the same cook/binary version (you can see this in the bottom right corner of the screen when you load the game and before you hit Continue in the main menu)? Mine says v1.0, Cook version: 102381, Binary version: 102358. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanjinb said:

Yes, I made a bunch of manual saves, including right before climbing up the staircase leading to the attic. I'm not sure why it works on v1.0 for some but not others. Just to make sure, are you all on the same cook/binary version (you can see this in the bottom right corner of the screen when you load the game and before you hit Continue in the main menu)? Mine says v1.0, Cook version: 102381, Binary version: 102358. 

V1.00, Cook Version 102381, Binary Version 102358. Same as you

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Brioz-- said:

V1.00, Cook Version 102381, Binary Version 102358. Same as you

Yea, I don't know, I'm out of ideas at this point. This game is such a hot mess, it's not even funny. I really want to trade it in while it's still worth something but I'm still missing the two ending trophies that are glitched in the most recent patch and v1.0. Who knows if we'll ever get a patch (and if we do, they might end up breaking even more stuff).

Edited by sanjinb

1 hour ago, sanjinb said:

Yea, I don't know, I'm out of ideas at this point. This game is such a hot mess, it's not even funny. I really want to trade it in while it's still worth something but I'm still missing the two ending trophies that are glitched in the most recent patch and v1.0. Who knows if we'll ever get a patch (and if we do, they might end up breaking even more stuff).

Which ones are you talking about? I got all endings with their trophies in the latest patch, no issue here. 🤔

Hace 8 horas, Brioz-- dijo:

Todavía no entiendo cómo pudiste ver la escena en la PS5 de tu amigo sin que fallara. ¿Puedo preguntar qué tipo de PS5 tiene?

I tried it in many ways: with version 1.0 with the network disconnected, without saving the game and using only the automatic saves, deleting the console cache using safe mode... I used all the possibilities and none of them worked, always crash in the same spot after cinematic.

Use a friend's PS5 (the first model of PS5) and then use my save 1.0 on that console right in the attic and disconnect the PS5 network. I installed the game, used the saved game and after finishing the cinematic I got the trophy without errors.

I think the problem with that trophy is that it has problems with other trophies. When I got the "Nobody Knows What Happened" trophy in the other PS5, the rest of the trophies were out of sync, and when I sync my trophies in that PS5 I reach 95% of trophies achieved. After 10 minutes 100% appeared. 

If you don't have any friends or family members with a PS5, the only solution I can think of is to format the PS5 with everything saved in the cloud, add your PSN user, disconnect the network and not sync the trophies and try it. Or also pass the saved game between yourselves and try.

It is the strangest thing I have seen to get a trophy with errors, maybe it is something in the PS5 configuration, I didn't understand it.

6 hours ago, BladeSpain said:

I tried it in many ways: with version 1.0 with the network disconnected, without saving the game and using only the automatic saves, deleting the console cache using safe mode... I used all the possibilities and none of them worked, always crash in the same spot after cinematic.

Use a friend's PS5 (the first model of PS5) and then use my save 1.0 on that console right in the attic and disconnect the PS5 network. I installed the game, used the saved game and after finishing the cinematic I got the trophy without errors.

I think the problem with that trophy is that it has problems with other trophies. When I got the "Nobody Knows What Happened" trophy in the other PS5, the rest of the trophies were out of sync, and when I sync my trophies in that PS5 I reach 95% of trophies achieved. After 10 minutes 100% appeared. 

If you don't have any friends or family members with a PS5, the only solution I can think of is to format the PS5 with everything saved in the cloud, add your PSN user, disconnect the network and not sync the trophies and try it. Or also pass the saved game between yourselves and try.

It is the strangest thing I have seen to get a trophy with errors, maybe it is something in the PS5 configuration, I didn't understand it.

I will buy the ps5 pro when it’s comes out 😂. Then I have the chance. But maybe then they fixed it.

8 hours ago, Kurayzeru said:

Which ones are you talking about? I got all endings with their trophies in the latest patch, no issue here. 🤔

I started and finished the game on the latest patch but didn't get "Radical Acceptance" and "One of a thousand young" trophies. I completed the required langiappes sets for both, but the secret objective never showed up, which locked me out of the trophies. As soon as you collect the final langiappe from each collection (Dying with Dignity and A Goat Without Horns), a secret objective is supposed to pop up on the screen. But there was no objective to wash the paint off Jeremy’s portrait during Chapter 4 when playing as Emily and there was no prompt to give an offering to the whispering tree in Chapter 4 when playing as Edward. I think whatever introduced the glitch for "Nobody knows what happened" in the most recent patch also broke these other trophies.

1 hour ago, sanjinb said:

I started and finished the game on the latest patch but didn't get "Radical Acceptance" and "One of a thousand young" trophies. I completed the required langiappes sets for both, but the secret objective never showed up, which locked me out of the trophies. As soon as you collect the final langiappe from each collection (Dying with Dignity and A Goat Without Horns), a secret objective is supposed to pop up on the screen. But there was no objective to wash the paint off Jeremy’s portrait during Chapter 4 when playing as Emily and there was no prompt to give an offering to the whispering tree in Chapter 4 when playing as Edward. I think whatever introduced the glitch for "Nobody knows what happened" in the most recent patch also broke these other trophies.

Well, as I said, the most recent patch wasn't an issue for me, I got the objectives and was able to watch the special endings, with both trophies dropping at the end. "Nobody Knows What Happened" is the only trophy I'm not able to unlock, because of the latest patch. 😕 But I can't tell if I was already on this version when I started playing the game.

18 minutes ago, Kurayzeru said:

But I can't tell if I was already on this version when I started playing the game.

Were you on the latest patch when the secret objectives popped up on your screen? I have a feeling something gets glitched very early on in the playthrough related to the required langiappes if you start the game on the latest patch.

I give up at this point. I'd say just spam THQ Nordic's website reporting this bug and hopefully they fix this so we can get our platinum trophies. I can't wait to delete this game from my storage and never have to look at it again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sanjinb said:

Were you on the latest patch when the secret objectives popped up on your screen? I have a feeling something gets glitched very early on in the playthrough related to the required langiappes if you start the game on the latest patch.

Yes, I was on the latest patch when those objectives popped up, but I first started playing the game on April 21st, so before that patch was released.

7 hours ago, Kurayzeru said:

Yes, I was on the latest patch when those objectives popped up, but I first started playing the game on April 21st, so before that patch was released.

Got it. Yea, for me, the secret objectives never pop up on the screen after completing the required langiappe sets, either on the latest patch or v1.0. I can sometimes get them to show up by reloading the most recent save after collecting the final langiappe from the set, but this still doesn't work because the prompts to wash the painting or make an offering to the tree never appear.

2 hours ago, sanjinb said:

Got it. Yea, for me, the secret objectives never pop up on the screen after completing the required langiappe sets, either on the latest patch or v1.0. I can sometimes get them to show up by reloading the most recent save after collecting the final langiappe from the set, but this still doesn't work because the prompts to wash the painting or make an offering to the tree never appear.

Ok, I finally managed to get both ending trophies I was missing (Radical Acceptance and One of the Thousand Young)! Basically, you have to keep reloading your saves until the secret objectives show up in your log (assuming they don't pop up once you collect the final langiappe from the required collection). I did this on the most recent patch and it finally worked.

Posted (edited)

I finally got the trophy to pop. Here is what I did.

Logged into a day one, launch PS5 console, downloaded the save data I had at the attic before the cutscene then instantly turned off network connection. Downloaded game via disk on version 1.0, launched the game when I could, loaded save and had to wait for the full installation. As soon as it was done auto launched into the game, clicked on the noose, skipped the cutscene and it popped. For some bizarre reason, this seems to only work on a day one, launch PS5 otherwise the game crashes on version 1.0. I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to know how/why this works but it does. If you have a friend/family member with a launch PS5 you're in luck. Overall, I'm just glad I never have to think about this game again. Hours and hours of frustration to get this one trophy to pop. Here's hoping the devs actually fix their game at some point 😕

On 5/3/2024 at 2:45 AM, BladeSpain said:

Thanks for your post. This ended up working for me as well. Only works on a launch day PS5. It's so bizarre. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it

Edited by Brioz--
Correcting

Oh wait. Maybe the problem can be that the game is installed on my extra ssd that iam installed it? I will try it tomorrow. And I got a day one, but I think that can’t be the solve the problem 😅

i try it to copy on the intern ssd, does not work. i got the day one ps5. i think its a trophylist problem, means, if you create yout account on a ps5 where is no data before, it can be works, like many here. i only have 1 ps5 :D. waiting for the ps5 pro or a new patch.

I was able to get that trophy two days ago and a few people have contacted me to know how I managed to do it. I don't know if this well help anyone but I'll share how things worked out for me:

I was tired of waiting for a patch so I tried transferring my save data to another PS5 with the game on v1.0 (I disabled network connection before inserting the disc), but of course, it was seemingly not compatible as I kept dying on the spot when loading the save.

So, I started a new game with Emily and played until that special scene in the attic. The game was a bit wonky and froze or crashed a few times but I was able to move forward quite smoothly overall. I just had to collect the 3 necessary Lagniappes again and when I reached the attic, I started + skipped the scene and the trophy dropped instantly.

Then, I reactivated network connection, synced my trophies and platinum was automatically added to my list.

From what I read, several people had the game crashing in 1.0 when trying to play the scene in the attic... Kinda weird things went good for me, as I wouldn't think using another console would change anything, but who knows, I guess I fulfilled some obscure conditions and was fortunate at the end.

That's it, hoping it helps, if we don't get a patch in the near future...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kurayzeru said:

I was able to get that trophy two days ago and a few people have contacted me to know how I managed to do it. I don't know if this well help anyone but I'll share how things worked out for me:

I was tired of waiting for a patch so I tried transferring my save data to another PS5 with the game on v1.0 (I disabled network connection before inserting the disc), but of course, it was seemingly not compatible as I kept dying on the spot when loading the save.

So, I started a new game with Emily and played until that special scene in the attic. The game was a bit wonky and froze or crashed a few times but I was able to move forward quite smoothly overall. I just had to collect the 3 necessary Lagniappes again and when I reached the attic, I started + skipped the scene and the trophy dropped instantly.

Then, I reactivated network connection, synced my trophies and platinum was automatically added to my list.

From what I read, several people had the game crashing in 1.0 when trying to play the scene in the attic... Kinda weird things went good for me, as I wouldn't think using another console would change anything, but who knows, I guess I fulfilled some obscure conditions and was fortunate at the end.

That's it, hoping it helps, if we don't get a patch in the near future...

Yes, i think it can be a cache thing be. so if you loggin in a new ps5 or friends ps5, download he save or create a new one, there is no trophy informations i think. then when trophy pops, it check the rest and drop the plat.

3 hours ago, KateOfMyFate said:

Guys, ive just contacted with CM of THQ Nordic in official Discord (wonder why we didnt do that earlier😀) and i quote:

"This issue is currently being worked on as a priority, together with the attic black screen bug. I cannot give an exact ETA for a fix though."

Link to Discrod: https://discord.gg/7ZUZNu33

You can find my message and his answer in "new-aitd-talk"

We have a hope!😀

Thanks Bro! Good News!

• Like 1