What should I re-do in Hard Mode?

So I am on my Hard Mode play already, but I stopped at Chapter 3 in order to bounce around and master materia and go for the gotterdamerung. I crafted the Genji Gloves, and I saw I needed materials for beating hunts on Hard Mode, one of which netted me a manuscript as well! I had been planning to skip hunts, since they're all marked as completed on my map, but I am trying to get all manuscripts and 100% the game (not just the trophies).
SO, is there other stuff I should be doing? Some sidequests on Hard Mode give manuscripts too, right? I had planned on skipping all of those as well. Should I do all the mini-games again? (I beat them all on "Hard" mode on my Normal playthrough) Protorelics?! Just looking for a brief overview of which stuff gives new rewards on Hard Mode and which stuff I can consider "complete" after getting 100% on Normal Mode.

14 minutes ago, DC_Pigpen said:

So I am on my Hard Mode play already, but I stopped at Chapter 3 in order to bounce around and master materia and go for the gotterdamerung. I crafted the Genji Gloves, and I saw I needed materials for beating hunts on Hard Mode, one of which netted me a manuscript as well! I had been planning to skip hunts, since they're all marked as completed on my map, but I am trying to get all manuscripts and 100% the game (not just the trophies).
SO, is there other stuff I should be doing? Some sidequests on Hard Mode give manuscripts too, right? I had planned on skipping all of those as well. Should I do all the mini-games again? (I beat them all on "Hard" mode on my Normal playthrough) Protorelics?! Just looking for a brief overview of which stuff gives new rewards on Hard Mode and which stuff I can consider "complete" after getting 100% on Normal Mode.

Almost all side quests give a manuscript on Hard Mode.

The best way to approach it is probably to load up Chapter 13 on Hard Mode first, with the option "reset all Quest Completion".

That lets you do every side quest, and you have access to everywhere without any wait or section to complete first - so you can do as many side-quests as you like, then if you need to replenish your MP, you can quickly reload that same chapter with "retain current completion". Personally, I liked to do all the quests for an area, then reload the chapter and approach each new area with a full MP pool.

Once all that is done, and you've done all side quests, then load whatever chapter you want to continue your Hard Mode playthrough from with the option "restore Quest Completion", which will let you continue playing through, with all the quests complete.

There is also a manuscript for each of the Sub-Bosses (The ones called "Classified Intel") - you'll want to do those for the manuscripts, but will want to do them anyways, as you need specific materials you only get from them in hard mode to make some of the best accessories in the game.

It's also worth noting - if you go into your Quests menu, check that each one has a Gold Star on the top right of the image. That means it's been done "perfectly executed", which affects the relationship status with one of the characters, which increases their bond (and therefore the damage done via synergy attacks with that character) - so if there's any you didn't get a star on in your first playthrough, try to get them done during Hard Mode. 

Having all characters at max bond level isn't a requirement, but can be very useful - particularly Aireth for the final phase of the final battle.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

If you're looking to get every manuscript, you will have to complete every side quest again. The final side quest has a Cait manuscript as a reward. You need to complete every side quest again for the final one to spawn. If you don't care about that manuscript, you can choose to only do the side quests that gives you a manuscript. The game will show you which side quests give you one.

Complete the 6 hunts again. Each one gives a manuscript. They're easy and fast to do.

You don't have to play any mini games. All of your intel data will stay complete in hard mode. The only things that reset are the story missions and side quests (if you reset them in the chapter select menu).

Edited by NathanW18
  • Like 1

So you know for Hard Mode, you don't have to reload Chapters to replenish MP like mentioned, all you have to do is use a Cushion at a Chocobo Rest Stop, you'll regain HP & MP, so you don't really have to worry too much if doing side quests like in Chapter 13.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2