Question regarding autopop trophies from PS4 to PS5

I just recently bought RE2 remake again to complete the ps5 version, but I completed the ps4 version on my ps4 console. I’ve watched videos on how to autopop trophies from ps4 to ps5 but didn’t work, so I’ve been testing it out myself to see what I could do, but in the process my ps4 version on my ps4 console now shows only one playthrough just like when I converted over to my ps5 and popped only 39% of trophies. Also noted that I also downloaded and tested the ps4 version on my os5 to see what would happen and I don’t know if it’s the cause of the situation or what. I just hope this can be fixed, cause I expected all trophies to pop

You didn't really ask a question in the post, but I'm guessing you're wondering if anyone has any idea of what is going on with the autopop.

As far as I know, the PS5 version just reads your PS4 save data, and imports it in its entirety. Now the thing with PS4 save data is that sometimes it can consist of multiple entries. I don't remember how RE2 handles it, and I can't be bothered to check right now, but one cause for this could be that the save data downloaded/transferred to the PS5 system did not include all the separate save files.

Also, looking at your timestamps for PS4 RE2, it seems like there was a pretty long gap between the first Leon HC playthrough and the rest of the trophies, that also correlates with the trophies that autopopped. So either only one campaign data was present on the PS5 console, or the entirety of the save data was from that point at which you had only cleared the first campaign.

Now I've no idea how you migrated the save data, so can only guess how that happened. One explanation would be that you used the PS+ cloud or a USB stick to move the data, and for some reason the data copied to PS+ or the external memory was at the point where the first campaign was completed. The PS4 currently only having that data would be explained by at some point overwriting the local console save with the cloud/memorystick data, likely by mistake.

Either way, the best way to go about looking into it futher would be to consider which medium was used to transport the data. Because if both your PS5 and PS4 have the incomplete save data, the only location that could possibly house the full clear data would be that external storage location.

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

You didn't really ask a question in the post, but I'm guessing you're wondering if anyone has any idea of what is going on with the autopop.

As far as I know, the PS5 version just reads your PS4 save data, and imports it in its entirety. Now the thing with PS4 save data is that sometimes it can consist of multiple entries. I don't remember how RE2 handles it, and I can't be bothered to check right now, but one cause for this could be that the save data downloaded/transferred to the PS5 system did not include all the separate save files.

Also, looking at your timestamps for PS4 RE2, it seems like there was a pretty long gap between the first Leon HC playthrough and the rest of the trophies, that also correlates with the trophies that autopopped. So either only one campaign data was present on the PS5 console, or the entirety of the save data was from that point at which you had only cleared the first campaign.

Now I've no idea how you migrated the save data, so can only guess how that happened. One explanation would be that you used the PS+ cloud or a USB stick to move the data, and for some reason the data copied to PS+ or the external memory was at the point where the first campaign was completed. The PS4 currently only having that data would be explained by at some point overwriting the local console save with the cloud/memorystick data, likely by mistake.

Either way, the best way to go about looking into it futher would be to consider which medium was used to transport the data. Because if both your PS5 and PS4 have the incomplete save data, the only location that could possibly house the full clear data would be that external storage location.

yeah sorry I was in a rush so I left some errors in my post, only thing I can say is that the game still shows some

of my saves from my other playthroughs, but it seems the saved data goes up into May 30 2023 and I completed it on June 6th for 100%, so my only guess is maybe it didn’t save all the way or properly 

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

Would the trophies for the DLCs behave the same way? So long as all the pieces of the PS4 data is transferred at the same time? Thank you!

Edited by SmileSlice
Corrected spelling and grammar.

13 hours ago, SmileSlice said:

Would the trophies for the DLCs behave the same way? So long as all the pieces of the PS4 data is transferred at the same time? Thank you!

So I checked and RE2 remake on PS4 has several save data entries. There are:

System saved data

System saved data (extra)

, which I suspect actually contain the completion data, and I suspect just migrating this data would be enough to pop trophies and transfer unlocks.

There are also separate save data files for each save made within the game (autosave or typewriters), but I'm fairly confident even if you overwrite your saves, you would still have stuff you've unlocked during the playthroughs.

I imagine DLC save data would be in either or both of the system saved data points, since you cannot even save in the DLC sections, nor can you save while doing Hunk's scenario etc.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 8:18 AM, IDiivil said:

So I checked and RE2 remake on PS4 has several save data entries. There are:

System saved data

System saved data (extra)

, which I suspect actually contain the completion data, and I suspect just migrating this data would be enough to pop trophies and transfer unlocks.

There are also separate save data files for each save made within the game (autosave or typewriters), but I'm fairly confident even if you overwrite your saves, you would still have stuff you've unlocked during the playthroughs.

I imagine DLC save data would be in either or both of the system saved data points, since you cannot even save in the DLC sections, nor can you save while doing Hunk's scenario etc.

appreciate it, still have to do the dreaded no way out scenario again, but almost at my 100% again:)