Guide to missable trophies in KCD

This is literally the sort of thing I've been after before finally starting this one. I've been worried about the missable quests like crazy but haven't found a good list for them all, let alone the missable trophies, so this should help so much. Thank you!!

3 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

This is literally the sort of thing I've been after before finally starting this one. I've been worried about the missable quests like crazy but haven't found a good list for them all, let alone the missable trophies, so this should help so much. Thank you!!

During my playthrough, I had to check every single missable trophy from the base game and look up on Wiki when it became missable, it wasn't fun let me tell you that. And I still ended up missing Johanka's DLC trophies, but I can do them during my hardcore run, just gotta make a manual save after the monastery.

Just now, SpaceCoresDad said:

Have you considered making your own trophy guide for this game? If the current one isn't up to snuff, sometimes it can be replaced.

The last trophy guide I wrote for The Long Dark took me nearly 100 hours to finish. I don't have the time to write a proper guide for every game that needs one, as much as I'd like to.

54 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

During my playthrough, I had to check every single missable trophy from the base game and look up on Wiki when it became missable, it wasn't fun let me tell you that. And I still ended up missing Johanka's DLC trophies, but I can do them during my hardcore run, just gotta make a manual save after the monastery.

I reached out to the subreddit for the game a few years back and the few responses were ridiculously nasty for no good reason, so I gave up. Even as painstakingly detailed as your post is, I still worry I'd make one little mistake that'd require a whole new playthrough, but I got to play this a little bit some years back and had such an immersive time with it that I really wanna go full speed ahead on it now and try to get 100%, as impossible as it'd likely be for me. It's just so much fun, but my backlog never stops growing either.

Just now, Creasy007 said:

I reached out to the subreddit for the game a few years back and the few responses were ridiculously nasty for no good reason, so I gave up. Even as painstakingly detailed as your post is, I still worry I'd make one little mistake that'd require a whole new playthrough, but I got to play this a little bit some years back and had such an immersive time with it that I really wanna go full speed ahead on it now and try to get 100%, as impossible as it'd likely be for me. It's just so much fun, but my backlog never stops growing either.

If you make a separate manual save in each spot I pointed out as 1) 2) 3) etc, even if somehow you miss something, you won't have to do too much to get back on track. Now after doing the playthrough, I truly believe there are just a few missable trophies (except for the DLC), mainly because most of the missable stuff can be done pretty much at any point during the game before entering Vranik (and the pestilence trophy), just a handful of missions can be missed if you run around and accept every quest without doing them. 

45 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

If you make a separate manual save in each spot I pointed out as 1) 2) 3) etc, even if somehow you miss something, you won't have to do too much to get back on track. Now after doing the playthrough, I truly believe there are just a few missable trophies (except for the DLC), mainly because most of the missable stuff can be done pretty much at any point during the game before entering Vranik (and the pestilence trophy), just a handful of missions can be missed if you run around and accept every quest without doing them. 

See that was the vibe I always had, that there's a certain point that, if you don't cross it, the missables are nowhere near as stressful. My fear was that there'd be that one key mission or a chunk of them that I'd miss if I entered X town or talked to Y guy, effectively killing an entire run in the process just from one mistake. 

15 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

See that was the vibe I always had, that there's a certain point that, if you don't cross it, the missables are nowhere near as stressful. My fear was that there'd be that one key mission or a chunk of them that I'd miss if I entered X town or talked to Y guy, effectively killing an entire run in the process just from one mistake. 

If you don't care about DLC then only the Pestilence trophy forces you to do it as soon as you trigger the Q&A quest, everything else is only missable if you accept everything like a madman and don't bother to finish it. The Women's Lot DLC makes things harder, unfortunately, as you need to do a few quests from the main game to have an impact on the DLC progression.

7 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

If you don't care about DLC then only the Pestilence trophy forces you to do it as soon as you trigger the Q&A quest, everything else is only missable if you accept everything like a madman and don't bother to finish it. The Women's Lot DLC makes things harder, unfortunately, as you need to do a few quests from the main game to have an impact on the DLC progression.

Like you said earlier, it is wild just how much the base game winds up affecting later DLC missions and vice versa. I'm a fan of 100% completion when I can, so I'll probably go for all of them, but it's still requiring me to get over the stress of remembering everything, diving in, and getting that first trophy so there's no turning back. I just really don't like having to put in dozens of hours extra into a whole new playthrough because one random thing was overlooked.

Just now, Creasy007 said:

Like you said earlier, it is wild just how much the base game winds up affecting later DLC missions and vice versa. I'm a fan of 100% completion when I can, so I'll probably go for all of them, but it's still requiring me to get over the stress of remembering everything, diving in, and getting that first trophy so there's no turning back. I just really don't like having to put in dozens of hours extra into a whole new playthrough because one random thing was overlooked.

To be fair, during your Hardcore/Merciful run you can make up any missed trophies, as none of them require you to kill, so its just a few extra hours to get some smaller quests done. Could be much worse, trust me. 

• Like 1