This one is tough

I can usually complete the one-button games but this one is getting the best of me. The highest score I’ve earned is 210 and a combo of 12 or 13 is my highest. I feel like there isn’t much strategy to this you just have to react quickly and get lucky. 

On 4/30/2024 at 8:35 AM, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I can usually complete the one-button games but this one is getting the best of me. The highest score I’ve earned is 210 and a combo of 12 or 13 is my highest. I feel like there isn’t much strategy to this you just have to react quickly and get lucky. 

I see you are the only one (on PSN Profiles, at least) to get the 250 score on any of the stacks.  I don't know how you managed that.  I think my highest score was around 150 or 160.  Haha.  I am giving up on this game.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rednaxnxam said:

I see you are the only one (on PSN Profiles, at least) to get the 250 score on any of the stacks.  I don't know how you managed that.  I think my highest score was around 150 or 160.  Haha.  I am giving up on this game.  

You will appreciate that I scored 250 exactly.

• Haha 1

For those that don't know, all of these one button games are ports from Kenta Cho's site, ABA Games. Up until now, all of these ports have turned out fine but something went hideously wrong with Balls Bombs. In the original version, the player is much closer to the centre of the screen which makes it far easier to avoid the balls and capture more of them in the explosion. In this port, you are locked to the far left of the screen which gives you no wiggle room to avoid the rebounds from the wall and makes it much harder to score big combos.

I'm currently chatting to the dev to see if we can get a patch to bring it back to the original difficulty. I'll update once I know more.

• Like 3

On 5/7/2024 at 3:32 PM, LC-Fraggers said:

For those that don't know, all of these one button games are ports from Kenta Cho's site, ABA Games. Up until now, all of these ports have turned out fine but something went hideously wrong with Balls Bombs. In the original version, the player is much closer to the centre of the screen which makes it far easier to avoid the balls and capture more of them in the explosion. In this port, you are locked to the far left of the screen which gives you no wiggle room to avoid the rebounds from the wall and makes it much harder to score big combos.

I'm currently chatting to the dev to see if we can get a patch to bring it back to the original difficulty. I'll update once I know more.

Don’t fix it. I achieved the platinum. It’s possible. Let the challenge remain for those who dare take this path of perseverance, luck, and concentration. Who will join me?

• Confused 1