Patches

Denis1903

Is this game not playable if it’s not patched to latest version?  Most games let you run on the installed version whilst a patch is downloading.  

Was going to have a quick 30-60 min play this morning but there’s a 19.3 Gb patch required. Could be over an hour before it’s playable.  😩

9 minutes ago, Denis1903 said:

Is this game not playable if it’s not patched to latest version?  Most games let you run on the installed version whilst a patch is downloading.  

Was going to have a quick 30-60 min play this morning but there’s a 19.3 Gb patch required. Could be over an hour before it’s playable.  😩

It's an online only game and therefore needs the latest update in order to run. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, CymroMatt said:

It's an online only game and therefore needs the latest update in order to run. 

This^

Without any patches, the game won't log you into the servers and will just spit out error messages until you install the latest update so all you can do is twiddle your thumbs for a couple of hours until the patch downloads and installs.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

It wanted a 120 gb update for me. I just deleted the game and redownloaded. Frustrating as that's a lot of space. It feels like everything about this game is frustrating and inconvenient. well sadly its designed that way, however after putting in 350 hours 4 years ago, it has been an awful experience this time. everything seems way more grindy, while having the atom shop pushed on you constantly, just makes me want to play literally any other fallout game. its a real shame because the map is nice to explore.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rorro_Lux said:

It wanted a 120 gb update for me. I just deleted the game and redownloaded. Frustrating as that's a lot of space. It feels like everything about this game is frustrating and inconvenient. well sadly its designed that way, however after putting in 350 hours 4 years ago, it has been an awful experience this time. everything seems way more grindy, while having the atom shop pushed on you constantly, just makes me want to play literally any other fallout game. its a real shame because the map is nice to explore.

Patches won't install unless you have enough space free that's equivalent to the base install + the size of the Patch.

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Patches won't install unless you have enough space free that's equivalent to the base install + the size of the Patch.

Thats why. good thing I just deleted and redownloaded. Im not gonna keep 120 GB free for this games patches. Far too inconvenient, but then again, thats what the game is a lot of haha.

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 2:54 PM, Rorro_Lux said:

Everything seems way more grindy, while having the atom shop pushed on you constantly

How is the store pushed on you constantly? There is a news pop up when you first start up the game which partly mentions some store stuff. But the only way you interact with the store is by manually opening the store. Literally at no point has the atom store been pushed on me bar that initial news pop-up before even logging in.

As for the grind - i'm 80 hours in now - and it's pretty clear that it is based from the ground up around grinding for multiple things and outcomes from the get go even before the faction grinds came into play. 350 hours in, shouldn't that just be the norm for you in terms of experience? I don't get why this is a shock to you.

Edited by Buff_Cupcake