Xbox Settings impact PS5 Settings

Posted (edited)

For those that are unaware, Xbox Account Settings will impact your PS5 settings depending on how you have them set on Sea of Thieves. If you created an Xbox Account years ago, you may have privacy settings set that will impact your PlayStation 5 experience once the Xbox and PlayStation Accounts are linked. Upon starting Sea of Thieves on PS5, other player ship names may not be labeled as they are supposed to be. Names may be displayed as "unknown" for friends or to friends in game. In game voice and text chat may not function at all. If your in game settings appear to be correct and you encounter these issues, it will more than likely be your Xbox Account Settings causing the problems. To verify and change your Xbox Settings, login on Xbox.com, select your username, and choose Xbox Profile. Select Privacy Settings and switch all of the settings to "Everyone". The "Upload Community Creations Privacy Setting" for example allows you to view custom player ship names. Additionally there are settings to allow Voice and Text Chat with PC and PlayStation. As someone who hadn't used an Xbox account since the release of the Xbox 360, I had no recollection of what my settings were set to and this turned out to be the cause of multiple problems. Once these settings are changed, you will need to restart the game on PS5. I never would have imagined having to change Xbox settings to play a PlayStation game until now.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob
  • Like 4