Just the Start trophy

• 4 weeks later...
Just the Start trophy ("Complete Training and play an Elimination game") is glitched and needs to be fixed in a patch. How do we contact the devs? I hope this game wasn't just a port job from Stadia and no more work will be done.

Basically, this game is unobtainable on the PS5 version (if you played PS4 first), PS4 version (if you played PS5 first), or you quit in the first match after training.

There's 2 ways it glitches:

1.) You're trying to play the PS5 or PS4 version of the game after already getting the Just the Start trophy on the other version (PS5 or PS4).
So it is currently impossible to complete both the PS5 and PS4 version on one account!

2.) Quit out via pause menu (or disconnect) from the very first Elimination match after training.
Only this first match registers for the tracker for Just the Start.

In both scenarios above, it looks like the point that triggers the in-game tracker to complete (which pops the trophy) is not happening.
The game needs to see that you completed the training mode and give you the screen with the fireworks special effect saying you unlocked Elimination.

It may also be needed to claim the training reward before starting, but I doubt it.
On the test account that did not pop, I don't think that screen came up. It just abruptly ends

Obviously in the scenario with playing the stack version, the game already has that tracker ticked off as complete, and refuses to pop it because it can't reach the trigger point (the fireworks screen and then playing 1 Elimination match).

The save is server-side and I can't find a way to delete it at all. If you delete your console save, it just returns you back to where you were before when you enter the game again. So we can't delete the save and retry the glitched training trophy.
Edited by QQQ_AX
  • Like 1