So does the Armored Batsuit actually change anything?

The trophy guide suggests waiting to unlock it before attempting the challenges, but when I google it, I keep seeing people say it's only cosmetic. So does it actually affect anything at all?

I think the guide author means to wait until you complete the game as you have the combat and predator upgrades to make them easier/doable. The Armored Batsuit is indeed only cosmetic but as you unlock it after completing the game you, you essentially also unlock all gadgets for challenges. That being said, when I platinum'd the PS3 version I did not wait to beat the game to completed the challenges. I actually completed the challenges as soon as they unlocked.

17 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I think the guide author means to wait until you complete the game as you have the combat and predator upgrades to make them easier/doable. The Armored Batsuit is indeed only cosmetic but as you unlock it after completing the game you, you essentially also unlock all gadgets for challenges. That being said, when I platinum'd the PS3 version I did not wait to beat the game to completed the challenges. I actually completed the challenges as soon as they unlocked.

I thought that at first, but it does seem to imply the suit itself will actually make the challenges easier:

Another thing to note is that it's highly recommended to wait until you beat the story to do the Combat and Predator Challenges to be able to unlock and use Armored Batman. Armored Batman is very useful for the Extreme Challenges, mainly Extreme Predator Challenges.

Posted (edited)

It doesn’t make it easier in any way. You take the same amount of damage, same animation speed, same damage output, everything is the same.

The reason it feels easier are a couple reasons. Upgrades and abilities available in challenge mode are only unlocked once you have them available on the story mode. This along with game experience and confidence makes the game feel easier but in reality your skill and gear level increased. 

No game in the Arkham franchise, other than Blackgate, give any stat bonuses in any way depending on what Batsuit you wear. 

Edited by BestUsername----