Transfer from PS4 version

Maybe this was asked already but I haven't found it unfortunately.

I have Platinum in old PS4 version which I got ages ago and never logged in back.

I can login to mogstation and I can see that My subscription expired in 2015.

Can I re subscribe and use my old Character on PS5 continuing receiving trophies? So will I basically auto popup majority of Platinum on PS5 by doing so?

I see from your profile that you are almost at 100% game completion 

I won't respond to your question as it was already done by RedDevil757 but...

⚠️ I would like to warn you, and this is a serious warning, if you chase 100% the PS5 version, that's gonna take your time, your life and probably your sanity too.

So make sure you are well prepared for this before committing yourself to it!⚠️

• Like 1

oYazmat is right.  There are a few trophies that will autopop such as cumulative trophies.  I.E. craft x amount of this, collect x amount of this, etc.

Content specific stuff such as clearing savages and such will not pop.  In other words, if you did something like obtain the Necromancer title on PS4, the trophy expects you to do it again on the PS5.

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

I see from your profile that you are almost at 100% game completion 

I won't respond to your question as it was already done by RedDevil757 but...

⚠️ I would like to warn you, and this is a serious warning, if you chase 100% the PS5 version, that's gonna take your time, your life and probably your sanity too.

So make sure you are well prepared for this before committing yourself to it!⚠️

Thanks for the warning. I am only thinking and investigating if I want this or not :)

Update: Damn, you have only Final Fantasy games on your profile :) Is this some kind of secondary profile or are you really playing Final Fantasy only?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, vanslayder said:

Thanks for the warning. I am only thinking and investigating if I want this or not :)

Update: Damn, you have only Final Fantasy games on your profile :) Is this some kind of secondary profile or are you really playing Final Fantasy only?

Nop don't have any other profiles 😅

I was done with any other games since PS2 era (I had skipped the PS3 and first part of PS4 era of gaming and only came back when FFXV was released).

So with the limited amount of time I now have, I only play FF and fill the rest of my play time with FFXIV 😅

(That said, I do have very few other game trophies hidden that I don't care about chasing platinums for, nor have I finish any of them anyway)

Anyway, back to your thread 😆, FFXIV is a great game, next expansion is coming July with even more trophies to get very likely!

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 1

Thanks, I think I will investigate a bit more before I decide.

Just one more question. Do I need to be a member of dedicated guild to get 100%? Is it possible to use party finder for all content? In PS4 I remember I had to join a guild to complete Binding coil since party finder was either dead for it or didn't allow that instance (I don't remember now). Is this same here? Do I need to join guild and be on schedule when they close raids? I usually prefer to game when I have free time and not be dedicated to specific schedule.

22 hours ago, vanslayder said:

Thanks, I think I will investigate a bit more before I decide.

Just one more question. Do I need to be a member of dedicated guild to get 100%? Is it possible to use party finder for all content? In PS4 I remember I had to join a guild to complete Binding coil since party finder was either dead for it or didn't allow that instance (I don't remember now). Is this same here? Do I need to join guild and be on schedule when they close raids? I usually prefer to game when I have free time and not be dedicated to specific schedule.

I think you meant Duty Finder

Duty Finder is only used for recent and Roulettes content, savage content (like Binding Coil) are impossible to do with Duty Finder

Party Finder, on the other hand, can be used to do pretty anything, but (yes there is a but), it might take a lot of time to gather a party for old content that doesn't interest the community. For example, you find a lot of parties doing the latest extreme/savage tier (ex: P12S) but struggle to find one for the first savage tier of Endwalker (ex P4S). However, once the next expansion is out, you might be able to do P4S quite easily as many people will start farming it for the mount as it becomes way easier unsynced with level 100

(same goes for older expansions savages as you probably wont need a full party for them)

As for guilds, they are more for social stuff and random help/grinding depending on the guild, you don't need one for anything. The most difficult content (current expansion savage, Criterion dungeons) might require you to find a different kind of social group called "statics", which just mean a few people meeting regularly (most of the time on discord too) to try and beat challenging content (savage/ultimates...etc)

And, btw, the most difficult content is Ultimates, none are needed for trophies (for the time being?)

• Like 1

Personally I refuse to play the PS5 version until they implement some way to pop the trophies that you have already done the content for.  If I already got the Necromancer title on PS4, I refuse to go and do it again because the PS5 version doesn’t acknowledge that I did it.  It’s basically the game saying: “screw you, do it again!”  That just seems incredibly disrespectful to your playerbase.  It’s not like it’d be hard to do either.  Just make an in game achievement check to see if you’ve done it or not…

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness

3 hours ago, SpadesOfDarkness said:

Personally I refuse to play the PS5 version until they implement some way to pop the trophies that you have already done the content for.  If I already got the Necromancer title on PS4, I refuse to go and do it again because the PS5 version doesn’t acknowledge that I did it.  It’s basically the game saying: “screw you, do it again!”  That just seems incredibly disrespectful to your playerbase.  It’s not like it’d be hard to do either.  Just make an in game achievement check to see if you’ve done it or not…

I hoped that maybe just finishing 10 levels of PotD might trigger the trophy but having to do necromancer all over again is not an entertaining thought x_x

I got the trusts all the way to 90 on PC and just hope there is any way of unlocking that trophy now xD Because it sure did not autopop and it's not like I can do that again.

13 hours ago, Windflare88 said:

I hoped that maybe just finishing 10 levels of PotD might trigger the trophy but having to do necromancer all over again is not an entertaining thought x_x

I got the trusts all the way to 90 on PC and just hope there is any way of unlocking that trophy now xD Because it sure did not autopop and it's not like I can do that again.

For Trust I think it will pop if you do one dungeon with a Trust team, did you try it?