Game crashes at start when online - no access to dlc

andreas_s_78

Posted (edited)

Already mentioned under other topic titles, this problem is obviously still not solved and worth a separate and new thread: PS5 - Game crashes always on start screen when online. When you take your console offline, it‘s possible to enter and play the career. But without being online, you can‘t play the dlc‘s you paid for. Starting offline and switching to online when you passed the start screen doesn‘t work, the game crashes. The problem is known for a longer time and numerous players are affected. Does anyone have a solution?

Edited by andreas_s_78

Posted (edited)

https://x.com/EAHelp/status/1725561033928871990

Notice the timestamp. I wouldn't expect a fix. If you search Reddit, you can find similar reports dating back to 2020.

https://dirtgame.com/dirt5/news/dirt-5-patch-notes

If you check the patch notes, you can see the latest release was 2 years ago. And the previous PlayStation release is on January 2021. Basically, not enough people playing to keep supporting the game.

Edited by Ecthelion91

Same here. When I started playing (April 24), the game was running without any problems, also online. A few days later, the crashes came up. From my point of view it’s legally difficult to lock people out of additionally payed content cause of bugs, isn‘t?

We all need to msg ea cause they have done this already once before. They shut it down and people freaked out. And they turned it back on

They will tell you it's on your end, i will not stop! If enough of us keep on them they will fix it.

Go to help.ea.com and then search dirt 5 and tell them there still selling it on the playstation store is that legal the game is broken and its being sold?????

4 hours ago, Bin_Rapped said:

We all need to msg ea cause they have done this already once before. They shut it down and people freaked out. And they turned it back on

I don‘t think they shut it down, players are still earning trophies. A similar (or the same?) problem existed at least in 2020 and about 6 month ago, you can

find several topics on reddit and here (as mentioned above) for pc, xbox and ps. I tried some suggested solutions from there but nothing worked. It looks like it’s some kind of repeating or temporary issue which is not completely solved until today.

• Like 1

Anyone else have an issue with this on PS4 where it'd just constantly crashing right when you hit start? I wanted to come back to this game to try and platinum it but it literally won't load up at all, I get to the menu hit x to start and it crashes, every time

2 hours ago, andreas_s_78 said:

I don‘t think they shut it down, players are still earning trophies. A similar (or the same?) problem existed at least in 2020 and about 6 month ago, you can

find several topics on reddit and here (as mentioned above) for pc, xbox and ps. I tried some suggested solutions from there but nothing worked. It looks like it’s some kind of repeating or temporary issue which is not completely solved until today.

Yeah one guy somehow earned the trophies which I have messaged nobody else has earned a single dlc trophy.

48 minutes ago, Bin_Rapped said:

Yeah one guy somehow earned the trophies which I have messaged nobody else has earned a single dlc trophy.

Which trophies did you message? The two online ones in the base game for playgrounds?

Posted (edited)

For me on PS4 Pro it does something I've never seen before, it logs me out of my profile gives an error then when I log back in a different error. Never played the game before. 

Edit: Started the game offline and got to the menu, as soon as I enable network it instantly crashes. 

Edited by GUDGER666

Guys go to help.ea.com and complain they are aware of this situation. If we don't complain in numbers it won't get fixed

8 hours ago, vonheindrich said:

Anyone else have an issue with this on PS4 where it'd just constantly crashing right when you hit start? I wanted to come back to this game to try and platinum it but it literally won't load up at all, I get to the menu hit x to start and it crashes, every time

Go to help.ea.com and complain ps5 is also experiencing this, we must complain to ea it happened 6 months ago.

1 hour ago, Schivorer said:

Just start the game without internet connection and you'll be able to play the games dlc without crashing

This doesn‘t work for me. I have to be online to enter playstation store for dlc content, perhaps to download it or whatever. And when i connect to www, the game crashes, so I am locked out of purchased content.

1 hour ago, Schivorer said:

Just start the game without internet connection and you'll be able to play the games dlc without crashing

I will try this when I get home I have a physical copy I will let you kno of it works.

1 hour ago, Ecthelion91 said:

People in Reddit been saying it's because the save file is corrupted. Can't confirm but makes sense since some people can still play.

This could be true, I got also a message that my save file is corrupted. But the online connection corrupts the save file, so that‘s more or less the same question. I play offline now for several hours and got no more information about a damaged save file….

6 hours ago, Schivorer said:

Doesn't work the games dlc are within the game not downloaded content, you need to be online to use the dlc the game is broken

• Like 1

I having same problem just title menu hit enter and game crashes.  I want to start playing ps4 version but unfortunately not

14 hours ago, vonheindrich said:

On 5/8/2024 at 3:29 PM, andreas_s_78 said:

Already mentioned under other topic titles, this problem is obviously still not solved and worth a separate and new thread: PS5 - Game crashes always on start screen when online. When you take your console offline, it‘s possible to enter and play the career. But without being online, you can‘t play the dlc‘s you paid for. Starting offline and switching to online when you passed the start screen doesn‘t work, the game crashes. The problem is known for a longer time and numerous players are affected. Does anyone have a solution?

Honest I can access to dlc without connect to internet as long as I have year one upgrade then you all set.  As of May 9, I did connected to server for 3 playground trophy.  So maybe bad server perhaps?

So here's my state when finishing the ps4 dlc trophies today:

I was playing with the ps4 disc version on the newest update. I could play the dlcs when starting the game offline. At some point after maybe 1-2 hours there was a lock before the dlc content but you could just quickly put the internet online and then offline again on your console to continue playing the dlcs. With this method I could finish all dlcs this week. Also tested a bit with the offline/online switch. When I was starting the game offline and wanted to turn on the online connection ingame I noticed when going to the stats screen before that it didn't crash. With this method you're also able to start the online mode and get the online trophies. That's just for ps4 version though.

When trying out the ps5 digital version today I had no luck at all. Even with the method above it crashes constantly. Dlcs are locked entirely in this version. Even the save upload from ps4 is greyed out. So I guess this version is definitely fully broken.

I wonder if it has to do with digital and disc. Could someone test the ps5 version with a disc?

58 minutes ago, Schivorer said:

So here's my state when finishing the ps4 dlc trophies today:

I was playing with the ps4 disc version on the newest update. I could play the dlcs when starting the game offline. At some point after maybe 1-2 hours there was a lock before the dlc content but you could just quickly put the internet online and then offline again on your console to continue playing the dlcs. With this method I could finish all dlcs this week. Also tested a bit with the offline/online switch. When I was starting the game offline and wanted to turn on the online connection ingame I noticed when going to the stats screen before that it didn't crash. With this method you're also able to start the online mode and get the online trophies. That's just for ps4 version though.

When trying out the ps5 digital version today I had no luck at all. Even with the method above it crashes constantly. Dlcs are locked entirely in this version. Even the save upload from ps4 is greyed out. So I guess this version is definitely fully broken.

I wonder if it has to do with digital and disc. Could someone test the ps5 version with a disc?

Okay so with what you have said above and with a physical copy of the game I managed to get into the dlcs.

So your going to have to delete your save or I did as when I kept trying it said save file corrupted, went offline via settings started a fresh game played the first race. Then went online it will kick you out. Then go back into the game again and if you purchased the 1 year pass it will have the dlc unlocked. And a message will come up in red saying your not online. But you are in fact online and the dlcs work. Do not shut your game off finish the dlc content 👌 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bin_Rapped said:

Okay so with what you have said above and with a physical copy of the game I managed to get into the dlcs.

So your going to have to delete your save or I did as when I kept trying it said save file corrupted, went offline via settings started a fresh game played the first race. Then went online it will kick you out. Then go back into the game again and if you purchased the 1 year pass it will have the dlc unlocked. And a message will come up in red saying your not online. But you are in fact online and the dlcs work. Do not shut your game off finish the dlc content 👌 

I have not tested the access to dlc yet with a new game cause I am afraid to lose miles progress cause of another save file corruption (already happened at least twice). So I will first drive 1000 miles offline to secure my platinum (hopefully 😃) and try later to delete everything and start from scratch. By the way I am on PS5, digital version.