PS5 version broken on launch?

Posted (edited)

When I try to load up the PS5 version of Xenoverse 2 it IMMEDIATELY crashes the app with an error message. Two of my friends are having this problem too. Some people appear to have the trophies so this clearly isn't a universal problem. I have reinstalled it FIVE TIMES trying to fix it but it just keeps crashing every time immediately. Is there some kind of known fix?

EDIT: PATCHED

Edited by The_Gator_Hator
glitch patched

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem too...I did find a solution though Cut off your internet access then boot up the game it the works fine afterword's.  you can reestablish your connection when the game has booted up 

Edited by Ryukazagam
spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryukazagam said:

I have the same problem too...I did find a solution though Cut off your internet access then boot up the game it the works fine afterword's.  you can reestablish your connection when the game has booted up 

As Ryu said, you have to cut off your system's internet connection before you launch it, and when it's fully launched, you can connect it back to the internet. It's the only work around for now.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ryukazagam said:

You a king for this fix. I don't even care about playing on the PS5 version really, just want them sweet trophies lol

Just now, The_Gator_Hator said:

You a king for this fix. I don't even care about playing on the PS5 version really, just want them sweet trophies lol

I just wanted to follow up, apparently reddit found the reason. If you have more than 20 people blocked on PSN, the game crashes. I tested this by unblocking down to exactly 20 and no longer got the crash.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawningWolf55 said:

I just wanted to follow up, apparently reddit found the reason. If you have more than 20 people blocked on PSN, the game crashes. I tested this by unblocking down to exactly 20 and no longer got the crash.

That is a SUPER weird bug... I have like 200 odd people blocked from playing multiplayer games and coming across modders and DDOSers (GTAO and RDO are toxic as hell)

Dunno if I'll want to unblock people. Thanks for info and sharing tho.

5 minutes ago, The_Gator_Hator said:

That is a SUPER weird bug... I have like 200 odd people blocked from playing multiplayer games and coming across modders and DDOSers (GTAO and RDO are toxic as hell)

Dunno if I'll want to unblock people. Thanks for info and sharing tho.

I am hoping it's a bug they can fix within the day if possible, it's a weird and horrible bug. I never knew such a bug could exist.

Having a really hard time getting one of these missions to give me a giant ki blast to repel too and not sure what to do to complete the "it was a good fight. I have... No regrets..." trophy when I have already completed the hero colosseum already.

14 minutes ago, The_Gator_Hator said:

Having a really hard time getting one of these missions to give me a giant ki blast to repel too and not sure what to do to complete the "it was a good fight. I have... No regrets..." trophy when I have already completed the hero colosseum already.

Giant ki blast is from the extreme battles usually. Hero Colosseum auto popped for me.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DawningWolf55 said:

Giant ki blast is from the extreme battles usually. Hero Colosseum auto popped for me.

I'm doing the Expert Missions but either I 

1. kill them too fast because a level 140 character is aa far cry from the launch day level 50 - 80s they designed these for
2. Bait them around but they just won't do it, they do the other special attacks instead like mind controlling us or such. I just cannot bait a giant blast outta them

Edit: finally got one but the trophy is glitched and won't pop, ughh....

Edited by The_Gator_Hator

11 hours ago, Mighty-_-Dovah said:

Can confirm that no internet correction works until there is a patch 

It's patched

6 hours ago, ShizzyPLA said:

Did all the trophies pop for everyone? I’m missing about 10 or so

They're broken for many people. If you're lucky you might be able to redo those trophies. If you're unlucky? They're broken with no current known fix.

7 hours ago, ShizzyPLA said:

Did all the trophies pop for everyone? I’m missing about 10 or so

I only was missing 10 or so which were all pretty easy to redo. Stuff like creating a qq bang or visiting kamehouse or transforming into ssgss. Luckily no yamcha or krillin missions.

6 minutes ago, danzzworld said:

I only was missing 10 or so which were all pretty easy to redo. Stuff like creating a qq bang or visiting kamehouse or transforming into ssgss. Luckily no yamcha or krillin missions.

Be thankful you didn't get one of the ones that's a huge pain like I did... lol

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, The_Gator_Hator said:

I got you man! There's actually an old strategy I used to use for the Hero Colosseum trophies, it does still require some RNG for good figures, but I think this should make it REALLY easy.

I should say this first, if you have a figure with high ATK and SPD (preferably at least 3000 on both), KEEP IT, especially if their passive triggers off in the middle top spot. It'll make the later fights way easier, and you'll see why in a second. Anyways, keep in mind that I'm not entirely sure when all these items unlock, but they should all unlock after the Vados Story Quest. If you haven't finished the story ones, using "STA Down SC"  on all your figures should make the Story Battles a cake walk, so long as your figures are decently leveled.

As for Battles, I'd say if your figures are decently leveled, just keep using them until you reach a road block, and this is where your high ATK and SPD figure should come in, give them the skills "STA Up O1", "SPD" Up O1", "ATK Up O1", for the last few fights this may be a bit RNG dependent, but really that's going to be the case even if you aren't trying to cheese the Hero Colosseum like I did lol. Basically, the strategy is to let any random figures that you have die off, and then use your ATK and SPD figure's ultimate, and put them in the field alone. This should multiply your figure's SPD so high that you would have to be really unlucky to go second, and while using your ultimate, you should almost completely wipe out the entire field.

Keep in mind, you just need to make sure you did the base Hero Colosseum Battles, meaning for six stars, you'd only have to take on Vados, Gotenks, Cabba, Vegeta, Goku, Hit, and Champa. For Seven, it's just Beerus, Z Gogeta, Trunks, Z Broly, Golden Frieza, and Blue Goku. Good luck! 

Edit: I realized you just said you just completed it-- Oops still though, if you don't have a team, I'll keep what I said above for any other trophy hunters, I'll edit this again and include the list all fights, because I think there's a few DLC fights still in Level 5.

Last Edit: Okay, for Level 5, there's: Beerus, Saiyaman, Saiyaman 2, Jaco, Pan, Frost, Videl Android 18, Android 16, Tapion, Dabura, Bardock, Goku, and Vegeta. That may be more than you may need to do, but I'd do them just in case, just by using the O1 skills, that should make these fights should be pretty easy anyways, if your main figure is decently leveled, and your CAC's level (I forgot the name of it) isn't too low.

Edited by GrimsGM
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, GrimsGM said:

I got you man! There's actually an old strategy I used to use for the Hero Colosseum trophies, it does still require some RNG for good figures, but I think this should make it REALLY easy.

I should say this first, if you have a figure with high ATK and SPD (preferably at least 3000 on both), KEEP IT, especially if their passive triggers off in the middle top spot. It'll make the later fights way easier, and you'll see why in a second. Anyways, keep in mind that I'm not entirely sure when all these items unlock, but they should all unlock after the Vados Story Quest. If you haven't finished the story ones, using "STA Down SC"  on all your figures should make the Story Battles a cake walk, so long as your figures are decently leveled.

As for Battles, I'd say if your figures are decently leveled, just keep using them until you reach a road block, and this is where your high ATK and SPD figure should come in, give them the skills "STA Up O1", "SPD" Up O1", "ATK Up O1", for the last few fights this may be a bit RNG dependent, but really that's going to be the case even if you aren't trying to cheese the Hero Colosseum like I did lol. Basically, the strategy is to let any random figures that you have die off, and then use your ATK and SPD figure's ultimate, and put them in the field alone. This should multiply your figure's SPD so high that you would have to be really unlucky to go second, and while using your ultimate, you should almost completely wipe out the entire field.

Keep in mind, you just need to make sure you did the base Hero Colosseum Battles, meaning for six stars, you'd only have to take on Vados, Gotenks, Cabba, Vegeta, Goku, Hit, and Champa. For Seven, it's just Beerus, Z Gogeta, Trunks, Z Broly, Golden Frieza, and Blue Goku. Good luck! 

Edit: I realized you just said you just completed it-- Oops still though, if you don't have a team, I'll keep what I said above for any other trophy hunters, I'll edit this again and include the list all fights, because I think there's a few DLC fights still in Level 5.

Last Edit: Okay, for Level 5, there's: Beerus, Saiyaman, Saiyaman 2, Jaco, Pan, Frost, Videl Android 18, Android 16, Tapion, Dabura, Bardock, Goku, and Vegeta. That may be more than you may need to do, but I'd do them just in case, just by using the O1 skills, that should make these fights should be pretty easy anyways, if your main figure is decently leveled, and your CAC's level (I forgot the name of it) isn't too low.

I managed to get it to work after redoing several colosseum battles and talking to the challenge guy Oshi. It was super buggy and stressing me out but banging my head against that wall over and over eventually fixed it. Thanks though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GrimsGM said:

Thanks a lot for this information!
I 100% way back, so there was a lot of new colosseum missions for me. The ones i was missing was 7 star: Golden Frieza and Blue Goku, 5 star: i was missing all the ones you mentioned after Videl. After i had beaten the ones you mentioned i went and talked to Oshi and it popped. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Dantes_994 said:

Might be a wrong place to ask but I don't see a better one

is the DLC included? Or do you have to buy it as with the ps4 version? 

The dlc's i bought for the ps4 version carried over with the ps5 version. Only bought the trophy related dlc though.

Edited by Lindhojj
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 10:19 PM, Dantes_994 said:

Might be a wrong place to ask but I don't see a better one

is the DLC included? Or do you have to buy it as with the ps4 version? 

Download them seperately but don't pay again.

• Like 1