How do they choose PSN PLUS games?

supabaron

With the IGC for June turning out not be a great month for some people it got me wondering. How do they choose games for the IGC? I always thought it would be done by statistics like they work out the lowest buying game compared to the highest and share it out equally. I also thought they just do it randomly as that would be a lot easier and not a lot of trouble goes into it.

So can anyone explain to me how the IGC games are chosen or decided?

(Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors)

Edited by Bear

Most of what im about to say is guesswork but from what i understand it's mostly based on the game developer's decision. id imagine they would offer the developer a large some of money and in return they allow them to feature the game in the IGC, naturally a brand new game would require massive amounts of money to make available hence why we dont get brand new games but as for the criteria for games they like to bring in a bit from every genre to try and have a little for everyone but they have done polls on the blog and such where they ask ps plus users what they're favorite genre is so id imagine that would come into play fairly often.

In the end i think they'd acquire a game that would be new enough to be enjoyable but old enough that its sales have dampened to make it easy to acquire.

In the end i think they'd acquire a game that would be new enough to be enjoyable but old enough that its sales have dampened to make it easy to acquire.

This. As far as the PS3 games have gone, anyway, it seems that about 6-9 months after the release of a 'good' game (I think they only include games that scored 7 or 8 and above?), they tend to be released on PS+. It's happened for games like Hitman, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Metro: Last Light, etc. I'm not an expert on this topic by any means, but this is a trend I've been noticing recently

It hasnt always been like this,but i think it mostly comes down to what developers offer them.

they put all the offered games in their portfolio and make a selection out of them every month based on sales/availability/genre/etc..

Offcoarse not all games are offered to them,they have people hunting these ps plus deals.

Anyone have any inside info of an example of how much they payed for a certain game?

Or maybe theres even case's where Sony gives services in return? like advertising,free updates,dev support