The Nature of Stat Tracking // in GTA IV

Glaivewurm

So I started playing GTA4 multiplayer and I'm at level 5.

But I still haven't got Cut Your Teeth. This is weird.

Also, I haven't logged off yet, so I have no idea whether the thing still works... since the tracking shutdown means that progress will be reset on logout, right?

That's the reason for this post, anyway.

Since Cut Your Teeth never popped when I ranked up these first five or whatever times, what do I do?

Should I still go for Wanted and hope it pops either at Rank 10 or if I wait for reset and go back to Rank 0 and level up then?

Or should I just delete the user data and give up the ghost?

EDIT:

Also, I haven't logged off yet, so I have no idea whether the thing still works... since the tracking shutdown means that progress will be reset on logout, right?

To clarify this, what I meant was that my understanding was that this came into effect on June 10th but I have not tested that understanding yet.

Edited by Glaivewurm

I booted up GTA IV online for the first time in a while, starting where I left off last time at level 4. After my first race win, I got Cut Your Teeth, which was strange given that I had already earned it - the game had erased my local trophy data. What this suggests though is that the trophy doesn't require a level up to unlock. More likely it is supposed to unlock upon winning any race/mission/etc. 

No idea why you didn't get it. Any luck with it since you posted?

I booted up GTA IV online for the first time in a while, starting where I left off last time at level 4. After my first race win, I got Cut Your Teeth, which was strange given that I had already earned it - the game had erased my local trophy data. What this suggests though is that the trophy doesn't require a level up to unlock. More likely it is supposed to unlock upon winning any race/mission/etc. 

No idea why you didn't get it. Any luck with it since you posted?

This has to do with your HDD local trophy info and not the game itself. There is local data trophy data stored to the "User" on a PS3 system and that information is "synced" to server data for permanent storage. So if you have  all the trophies in a game, but put a new HDD in your PS3 and then play it again, some games will start to pop all the trophies again until you do a proper sync and it has a chance to "load" that data from the server and "install" it locally.

As for Glav's problem, I suppose this could have something to do with GTA IV/RDR not tracking stats anymore.....I suppose we'd have to do testing to find out for sure. I think some user around here said they were able to unlock Cut Your Teeth recently.

Edited by RedEye420

This has to do with your HDD local trophy info and not the game itself. There is local data trophy data stored to the "User" on a PS3 system and that information is "synced" to server data for permanent storage. So if you have  all the trophies in a game, but put a new HDD in your PS3 and then play it again, some games will start to pop all the trophies again until you do a proper sync and it has a chance to "load" that data from the server and "install" it locally.

Oh, that makes sense. I had synced my trophies but I forgot that I hadn't played GTA IV on this PS3 so they mustn't have "installed" as you say.

Still, I've unlocked (almost) all of the online trophies in the last few days, so the server shifting shouldn't have affected the trophies yet.

• Like 1