Equipment help

Ok so here is one of the problems that I have encountered so far and I need some help. I recently purchased a Mace (Heavy 1 handed weapon with damage of 39x1) in order to replace the current weapon that my female Human Gazer has: Short Bow (Dual wield with damage of 36x1). However, when I go to fight in a summon circle or in a random battle, the only option that my Human Gazer can do is everything EXCEPT for attack. Meanwhile, my Paladin has a weapon equipped, but the only action she can do is defend and use items. Is there any way for me to find out exactly what weapons my characters can use instead of having me to continue wasting my money?

Ok so here is one of the problems that I have encountered so far and I need some help. I recently purchased a Mace (Heavy 1 handed weapon with damage of 39x1) in order to replace the current weapon that my female Human Gazer has: Short Bow (Dual wield with damage of 36x1). However, when I go to fight in a summon circle or in a random battle, the only option that my Human Gazer can do is everything EXCEPT for attack. Meanwhile, my Paladin has a weapon equipped, but the only action she can do is defend and use items. Is there any way for me to find out exactly what weapons my characters can use instead of having me to continue wasting my money?

It states on the item description what classes can use it, G for Gazer, etc. Maces are short range weapons and bows are not so I'm guessing that your gazer is not in the first row and I'm guessing your Paladin is not in the first row, which would be odd for both of those characters to not be in the first row. You can only have 3 characters in the front row so I would check to make sure that you have your character order right as it almost sounds like it's a bit mixed up.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Ok because my Gazer was in the front row, but if anyone goes in the back row, they cannot attack? This is by far one of the most confusing RPGs i've ever played mainly due to the lack of communication that the game has given me. Basically, they teach me how to defeat demons in circles and just send me in to the lions to fend for myself. Thank you for the reply Boone. I just recently farmed a bit of money (very little at that) and got enough to buy an additional room so that I can finally add my healer to the team.

Ok because my Gazer was in the front row, but if anyone goes in the back row, they cannot attack? This is by far one of the most confusing RPGs i've ever played mainly due to the lack of communication that the game has given me. Basically, they teach me how to defeat demons in circles and just send me in to the lions to fend for myself. Thank you for the reply Boone. I just recently farmed a bit of money (very little at that) and got enough to buy an additional room so that I can finally add my healer to the team.

I forgot to mention that you can have 2 weapon sets equipped and if you switch to a set that has nothing equipped then I believe that character can't attack even if they're in the front row. That might actually be what you encountered.

Your characters can attack from the back row but they have to have either a weapon capable of attacking at that range, bows, certain pole weapons I believe, or if you have an Astro artifact equipped which increases attack range to maximum. The Gazer learns this at level 24 by the way.

There's a spreadsheet in the first post here - https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/15166-demon-gaze-information-spreadsheet/ - that might hopefully help provide some other useful information.