Slower downloadspeed with PS4?

AnRoDr

I have an issue with my newly purchased PS4 console that is quite weird:

I have a really fast internetsubscription with my provider (Voor de mede Belgen hier: Telenet Whoppa 160Mb/s), but my PS4 console only reaches speeds of +/- 50Mb/s maximum? It's not wireless and when I plug the LAN-cable that's in my PS4 into a laptop it reaches 150Mb/s.

Anybody else having this issue? I know that 50Mb/s is not bad and some of you don't reach that figure, but i'm paying my provider for at least double that speed and the PS4 can't deliver? 

Is it a hardware issue or will this be patched?

Any and all help, tips or feedback from people with the same problem are greatly appreciated!!!

if your downloading games there's your problem you see that you will have full speeds while looking at the web useing youtube ect however there's something ive notice of late in a lot of these peoples small print if your connecting and download from peer to peer networks they may slow you down at times. Far as I am aware this would class im on about 60meg a seconnd download speed my downloading from my ps4 goes from about 20meg to 35meglish while im downloading games. I can still download full games like killzone shadowfall in just over and hour and a bit which is a 50gb game so im not too fussed. Used to have crappy half a meg a second a few years back so I count myself as lucky that i have a 50meg now.Hope this helps

Edited by GIennb
  • Like 1

It all depends on how fast the server you are downloading from can upload. If the store can only upload 50mb/s, it's not your isps' fault. I was going to mention that my ps3 only ever gets 1mb/s while my ps4 always gets 4mb/s, but it seems irrelevant compared to your crazy futuristic

speeds ;)

• Like 2