Troubles with Traced

Gabagame

I just recently was able to get this game and I'm trying to get the multiplayer trophies out of the way first just in case online is dead or dying. Has anyone been able to get the "Traced" trophy recently? Ive seen lots of tips but they haven't helped me yet, I just keep getting hacked and not tailed. Do people still tail oftenly, and is there any way to check how many times you've been tailed?

Thanks ahead of time.

I just recently was able to get this game and I'm trying to get the multiplayer trophies out of the way first just in case online is dead or dying. Has anyone been able to get the "Traced" trophy recently? Ive seen lots of tips but they haven't helped me yet, I just keep getting hacked and not tailed. Do people still tail oftenly, and is there any way to check how many times you've been tailed?

Thanks ahead of time.

Be sure to read all of the text in this guide, that should help you out  ;)

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/966-WATCH-DOGS-Trophy-Guide#Traced

Edited by BlindMango

• 3 weeks later...

People usually say the best method to earn this trophy is to turn online invasion off and then back on again in the menu. I tried this multiple times, it resets your notoriety points and never worked for me as a means to get tailed (as soon as I turned it back on, I got hacked every time). I found a better way to do it:

1: Tail someone yourself. Hacking has the same effect, but tailing is easier. Being successful or not does not matter.

2: After you are finished, wait one minute while standing still. Then request a new target to tail. If you are already being tailed, the game will not allow you to request a new target and it will show that you are being invaded (so you understand why you can't request a new target). Then just wait for your opponent to complete his objective.

3: Repeat.

Note that you will be hacked some times as well. I did this 20 times (while going for the Hackification and Piggyback trophies) and I was tailed eight times. After hacking or tailing an enemy fixer your priority as a target goes off the chart and you are almost immediately invaded. The problem is, since people can't see they are being tailed, they usually get in a car and end up accidentally evading the invisible enemy fixer.

Edited by ZexenVatenkeist

• 2 weeks later...