Story Discussion *EXPECT SPOILERS*

I just finished the game's main story today. Does anyone think with the way it ended, there's possibility of a sequel? It seems like they are setting up one, but then again i'm sure they are waiting to hear how sales have done so they can justify the interest. Overall the game was really badass. It was a slight letdown for the fight against the Black Hand though. Really wanted to have more combat then just a quick time event. Anyways, leave your thoughts below!

I'm glad someone made a story discussion thread :)

Yes, the ending was a huge sequel-bait. But, I didn't feel like it was abrupt or too cliffhangery, if it didn't end like that the only other ending would've been Talion dying? I thought it as almost a surprise twist in itself that he wanted to stay 'alive' after talking about how he wants to die for most of the game.

There's a few things I don't get though. If I heard correctly, Talion wants to create a new ring? Wouldn't the eye of Sauron be able to see him then? A new ring could definitely open up more gameplay options in the sequel, but it feels a bit to much of a stretch with the lore, I can see the hardcore purists going mad over this. The black hand was anticlimatic fight for sure, but I don't get why he turned into Sauron in the final fight? The codex page bit says some say the black hand is really Sauron in disguise, but it still seemed a bit weird out of context. My final question is, what will happen in the sequel? Mount Doom has signalled the rest of Middle Earth that shit is about to go down, so the sequel will take place during the lord of the rings, and by my understanding there won't be anything for Talion to do stuck in Mordor.

Overall I thought the story was above average, but some of the characters could've been much more developed, especially the black captains. The Hammer wielded Sauron's mace, which would've been interesting to know, the Tower's boss fight was very reminiscent of Batman's scarecrow parts, and I wish there were more parts like that. And the Black Hand had no dialogue in the entire game, and he was like the main bad guy too.  

I'm glad someone made a story discussion thread :)

Yes, the ending was a huge sequel-bait. But, I didn't feel like it was abrupt or too cliffhangery, if it didn't end like that the only other ending would've been Talion dying? I thought it as almost a surprise twist in itself that he wanted to stay 'alive' after talking about how he wants to die for most of the game.

There's a few things I don't get though. If I heard correctly, Talion wants to create a new ring? Wouldn't the eye of Sauron be able to see him then? A new ring could definitely open up more gameplay options in the sequel, but it feels a bit to much of a stretch with the lore, I can see the hardcore purists going mad over this. The black hand was anticlimatic fight for sure, but I don't get why he turned into Sauron in the final fight? The codex page bit says some say the black hand is really Sauron in disguise, but it still seemed a bit weird out of context. My final question is, what will happen in the sequel? Mount Doom has signalled the rest of Middle Earth that shit is about to go down, so the sequel will take place during the lord of the rings, and by my understanding there won't be anything for Talion to do stuck in Mordor.

Overall I thought the story was above average, but some of the characters could've been much more developed, especially the black captains. The Hammer wielded Sauron's mace, which would've been interesting to know, the Tower's boss fight was very reminiscent of Batman's scarecrow parts, and I wish there were more parts like that. And the Black Hand had no dialogue in the entire game, and he was like the main bad guy too.  

From what I hear Tolkien purists were already mad about the premise of a wraith attaching to someone to be able to live. So at this point they can really do anything. I think I also read that the lore states that Celebrimbor only crafts the elven rings of power, wheras the game states he created all the rings. I do agree the Black Captains could have been more developed. I really enjoyed that both The Hammer and The Tower played to their strengths. The Hammer was a fighter and The Tower was an illusionist. I honestly thought the final fight with The Black Hand would be a combination of both of them. But I enjoyed the game anyway and will be attempting to get the platinum!

I thought the game was fantastic BUT the last two "boss fights" were so pathetic and underwhelming, what happened to big epic boss fights?! It seems now that fights simply boil down to short QTE's or a cutscene. 

Also, the ending sucked. I feel that proper endings were thrown out the window along with proper boss fights. So many games sequel-bait instead of just giving a satisfying ending to the story at hand.