Master of Unlocking

skiptracing

I've been trying to get the Master of Unlocking trophy. I have all other collectibles except this. In my statistics it shows that I have 12 doors unlocked, while there are 13 doors in the game. I'm already starting a New Game+ soon, but is there a way of knowing which door I missed and going back to it in Chapter Select instead of having to worry about this later?

Anyway, if there isn't a way of knowing, I'll do it all over again in NG+. Also, is it cumulative, and will unlock as soon as I got the door I missed in NG+?

Thanks for reading.

Never heard of that. I never killed a clicker in the game with a shiv so I don't miss a door, lol.

It's easy.

You can first do it in Bill's town, once you find your first melee weapon with the blade attachment. Pick it up, and keep it on you until you find the pipe that Ellie pulls out of the gate to let you through. Then, swap the bladed weapon for the unbladed one, and then swap back. Check your inventory and you should have one complete set of materials to craft one shiv. 

Craft a shiv, then rinse and repeat by swapping the weapons over and crafting a shiv when you can. This way you can be carrying 3 shivs and have enough materials for a 4th.

Do not apply blades to the un-bladed weapon or else this won't work.

• Like 1

It's easy.

You can first do it in Bill's town, once you find your first melee weapon with the blade attachment. Pick it up, and keep it on you until you find the pipe that Ellie pulls out of the gate to let you through. Then, swap the bladed weapon for the unbladed one, and then swap back. Check your inventory and you should have one complete set of materials to craft one shiv. 

Craft a shiv, then rinse and repeat by swapping the weapons over and crafting a shiv when you can. This way you can be carrying 3 shivs and have enough materials for a 4th.

Do not apply blades to the un-bladed weapon or else this won't work.

Neat! I'll try it out. Thanks.

It will unlock as soon as you get it in NG+. Chapter select will also work. However, there is no way of knowing exactly which one you missed, unless you can recognize it from watching a YouTube video...

Check out the Shiv Door guide here. Got me through them all.

So as soon as I started my NG+ and unlocked my first shiv door in the third chapter, the trophy popped! And I definitely know that I didn't miss the first door. Anyway, thanks for the help, guys. :)