Top 50 Achievers in a trophy - Do they update?

BShadowJ
Go to solution Solved by antithesis,

Hi, I'm not sure exactly if this is the right place to ask, but it's pretty straightforward:

I was just wondering if the top 50 achievers in any trophy ever update if someone that hadn't had their profile here until recently had got a trophy that would put them in the top 50 for that trophy. To give you a concrete example, my friend has earned the Section 8: Prejudice platinum at a date the would put him as the 24th achiever, but I've checked for two days and he isn't there. So I was just wondering, if it updates at all, or if it is at a set time.

They're made on the fly, so yeas, they update everytime someone beats those times.

Are you sure? Because if they're made on the fly, then shouldn't my friend be there already? 

It happens.

Then does that mean that sometimes it just doesn't update? It's not a super big deal really, it's not like you can't compare times and check yourself, but it would be cool for him to be there, and kinda sucks if it sometimes just fails to update... :/

• Solution

Are you sure? Because if they're made on the fly, then shouldn't my friend be there already

Then does that mean that sometimes it just doesn't update? It's not a super big deal really, it's not like you can't compare times and check yourself, but it would be cool for him to be there, and kinda sucks if it sometimes just fails to update... :/

Not if he's a cheat.

The servers are down for Section 8: Prejudice. If the timestamps are dated after July 16, 2014, the trophies aren't legit.

He also may have been flagged for other games. Feel free to share the PSN ID and we'll take a look.

• Like 1

Not if he's a cheat.

The servers are down for Section 8: Prejudice. If the timestamps are dated after July 16, 2014, the trophies aren't legit.

He also may have been flagged for other games. Feel free to share the PSN ID and we'll take a look.

For that game I know for sure that it's legit, since he did it with me (I'm 9th on the plat, and he got it two days after me). But for other games... I actually know that he got the World at War plat after he joined a matchmaking hacked zombies lobby and whoever was hosting it just decided to unlock every trophy for him... lol. He's not a trophy hunter at all so it's not like he cared, but I'd assume then that might have flagged him here. If so he won't appear in any leaderboard, including the top achievers in a trophy, correct?

Edited by BShadowJ

Ah well, that should explain it then. I'm marking as solved, thanks for the help!

Take a look at his profile. If any games are flagged with a light red background, that's why he's not on the Leaderboards.

I empathise with the hacked lobbies in WaW - whenever I play online, I hit a hacked lobby and it resets all of my single-player progress :shakefist: Updating the Privacy Settings on PS3 or Vita to hide all trophies for World at War, then syncing to the PSN *might* remove the flag and allow him to show up for Section 8: Prejudice.