Abilities used by AI controlled character

mokrinsky

Maybe someone specially checked...

I have, for example, Cole with like 12 abilities totally, and all of them are checked for using when Cole is controlled by AI. But sure, I can place only 8 of them on skill panel. Does AI use other abilities which are checked, but not placed on panel?

Yes. When the AI is controlling the character, they use all abilities available to them. However, when you're controlling the character directly, you can only use the abilities that are set to the action keys. This might need some confirmation, but I know for a fact that it is the case for me. For example, Solas always uses Pool of the Abyss when the AI is controlling him, but I don't have it linked to his action bars when I use him, as my Inquisitor has it on hers. Maybe some more insight on this?

Yes. When the AI is controlling the character, they use all abilities available to them. However, when you're controlling the character directly, you can only use the abilities that are set to the action keys. This might need some confirmation, but I know for a fact that it is the case for me. For example, Solas always uses Pool of the Abyss when the AI is controlling him, but I don't have it linked to his action bars when I use him, as my Inquisitor has it on hers. Maybe some more insight on this?

Yes you are correct, AI also uses abilities that aren't mapped.