OlliOlli - Junkyard Pro 5 - RAD Mode

SergeantCorbett

Hey everyone, I put up a video for Junkyard Pro 5 RAD mode in case people were having trouble. This was the last rad mode level I needed to complete for the trophy. 

It's all about riding the first rail completely to lose speed.Lightly tap the downward-sloping rails to keep speed at a minimum. Then, make sure you jump off of the crooked yellow rail at JUST the right time to ride out the final rail at the correct speed.

post-41863-0-63912200-1424100046_thumb.png

After this part, the rest of the level is a piece of cake.

I hope this helps!!

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone, I put up a video for Junkyard Pro 5 RAD mode in case people were having trouble. This was the last rad mode level I needed to complete for the trophy. 

It's all about riding the first rail completely to lose speed.Lightly tap the downward-sloping rails to keep speed at a minimum. Then, make sure you jump off of the crooked yellow rail at JUST the right time to ride out the final rail at the correct speed.

After this part, the rest of the level is a piece of cake.

I hope this helps!!

Hi, I am somewhat interested in this game and after seeing this it didn't look that hard as looking at some Trials HD gameplay for example. So please tell me if doing all that was actually really hard, like if you needed cat-like reflexes or massive button inputs.

Hi, I am somewhat interested in this game and after seeing this it didn't look that hard as looking at some Trials HD gameplay for example. So please tell me if doing all that was actually really hard, like if you needed cat-like reflexes or massive button inputs.

I've never played Trials HD so I couldn't compare. This was the most difficult part of the game for me, so if you can get past this part, you could beat the entire game (IMO). It does take quick reflexes, but more than anything it requires the memorization of the level and timing your ollie for what is coming up next.

• 2 months later...

I've completed both Trials Fusion and OlliOlli to 100%, and can tell you that while Trials Fusion is twice as hard, OlliOlli is no walk in the park. In fact you're far more likely to get frustrated with OlliOlli due to very counter-intuitive controls and a steep learning curve.  At least in Trials you have checkpoints, so you can re-try the same obstacle over and over.  In OlliOlli you just need to start the whole level from beginning.  I'd even say that OlliOlli requires more twitch reflexes than Trials, since you need to nail all those perfect landings and grinds.  There is simply no room for error/recovery.

I've completed both Trials Fusion and OlliOlli to 100%, and can tell you that while Trials Fusion is twice as hard, OlliOlli is no walk in the park. In fact you're far more likely to get frustrated with OlliOlli due to very counter-intuitive controls and a steep learning curve.  At least in Trials you have checkpoints, so you can re-try the same obstacle over and over.  In OlliOlli you just need to start the whole level from beginning.  I'd even say that OlliOlli requires more twitch reflexes than Trials, since you need to nail all those perfect landings and grinds.  There is simply no room for error/recovery.

Are you familiar with Urban Trial Freestyle? It is in the same vein as Trials Fusion... If so how does that compare to these games?

Edited by NICK16_06

Are you familiar with Urban Trial Freestyle? It is in the same vein as Trials Fusion... If so how does that compare to these games?

Sorry, never heard of it, but a quick check of trophy rarity, shows the following:

Urban Trial Freestyle: 326 out of 12,590 owners got 100%

OlliOlli: 258 out of 16,782 owners got 100%

Trials Fusion: 66 out of 56,541 owners got 100%

So you have the following completion rate:

Urban Trial Freestyle: 2.59%

OlliOlli: 1.53%

Trials Fusion: 0.12%

In other words 25 people out of 1000 owners will complete Urban Trial Freestyle, OlliOlli will be compelted by 15 people and only one owner in 1000 will complete Trials Fusion.

So OlliOlli and Urban Trials are much closer in difficulty than Trials Fusion, with OlliOlli being a bit more difficult.

My calculations assume full completion (including DLC).  If you are just looking for base game completion, then Tials Fusion rarity will go from 1 in 1000, to 2 people in 1000, which is still pretty damn rare.

Edited by Eternal21