Lumphy's Palace of Platinum

lumphy101

Hello, all. If you don't know me (which you probably don't), I'm lumphy101. I've been playing PS3 since June 14th, 2012. Before that, I played Wii, and even before that, I played GameCube. My first console ever was a Nintendo DS Lite, and I fell in love with playing Mario games. Now, I own a Wii (I don't use often except to play Paper Mario), a 3DS (Waiting for Majora's Mask 3D), a PS Vita (I use it on trips), and a PS4. My PS3 died in May 2014, may it rest in peace). I'm a high school student by day, gamer by night (except if I have homework  :( ).

Some of my favorite games are PAYDAY: The Heist, PAYDAY 2, Mirror's Edge, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2. I still have yet to get a platinum on most of these games.

#1- #10

1Sd59a01.png

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3)  :)

Rarity: 28.20%

This was my second ever PS3 game, and this is the game that inspired me to be a trophy hunter. I naturally collected everything throughout the open world, then just decided to finish up and get 100% on the game. Nothing was more satisfying than that platinum being unlocked. I enjoyed this game very much, and the talking minifigures were a bonus.

1Scc9431.png

Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale (PS3)  :S

Rarity: 16.51%

I'm actually pretty bad at fighting games in general, so the fact that I got this platinum trophy shows it isn't that hard. How is this a rare platinum? Story tends to get a bit repetitive, but it wasn't too bad. Most characters I didn't even recognize. The only problem for me was the "This is Living" trophy, which is winning a match without dying. That's pretty hard to do. I got it one late night, though. Highly satisfying to get this platinum for me.

1S10028e.png

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS3)  :S

Rarity: 56.84%

This was actually the worst of the Sly games, imo. It just felt too linear for me. It was still awesome though, because no Sly game is really "bad". I decided to come back and play this because I started playing Sly 4 first, and had no clue what was happening. Really good game with an easy platinum, although some of the safes were tough.

1S10028e.png

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3)

Rarity: 62.06%

My favorite Sly game so far. I loved how it introduced the open world, and the original museum heist is memorable. I bought this game when I snuck out of my house to go to WalMart (first and last time I ever sneak out). It felt like it was worth it when I got home and started playing, though. Another fun Sly game with an easier platinum.

1S10028e.png

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3)

Rarity: 41.67%

This game was meh. It was cool to play as Carmelita and still have an open world, but it didn't have the same "cool" factor as Sly 2. I still enjoyed it, but completing all the challenges were a struggle. Overall, a nice end to that trilogy, up until Sly 4 (which I will discuss whenever I decide on going back and getting the platinum).

1Sa2891b.png

The Walking Dead (PS3)

Rarity: 52.82%

Let me start by saying: this is a horrible platinum trophy image. Seriously. All the other trophies looked so cool, up until earning the platinum. Very disappointing. The game itself was awesome, though. It had some good plot twists (and bad ones), and did have quite a shock factor at some points. Overall fun, but not a satisfying platinum.

1Sd4f6fe.png

Saints Row: The Third (PS3)

Rarity: 15.23%

This was an extremely fun game. Even though it made fun of itself at times, the characters were memorable, the gameplay was awesome, and the story was amazing. Open world was pretty fun too, and the weapons were "unique" (looking at the Dildo Bat here). The challenges were a grind, and even kinda hard at some points, but I'm glad I was able to earn this.

1S9757fe.png

CounterStrike: Global Offensive (PS3)

Rarity: 28.89%

The platinum image was pretty cool, but the Bunny Hunt trophy was not. It took me two hours straight trying to boost this trophy before I got it. Absolutely ridiculous. This game actually took me by surprise how fun it was. The only thing that sucked was that it required a keyboard for some parts because there weren't enough buttons on the controller.

1S7391f6.png

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (PS3)  :blink:

Rarity: 56.43%

I don't even know why I bought this. It was an easy platinum. Graphics were terrible, and the story kinda sucked too. Oh well, at least I got my 1,185 points out of this game. I don't really recommend it.

1S1e19fe.png

Gravity Rush (PS Vita)

Rarity: 16.54%

I had just bought a Vita for Christmas and started playing this. It was amazingly fun. I still consider this one of my favorite games ever. Even the challenges were easy for me. Some of the Rare Nevi were hard, though, but overall I'm highly satisfied. Can't wait for Gravity Rush 2!

#11- #20

1S58a156.png

Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale (PS Vita)

Rarity: 18.55%

This was the only other game I had for the Vita while I was on a trip, so I played it. The multiplayer section went smoother for me, but the story was incredibly boring the second time around. If I was able to platinum this twice, anyone can platinum.

1S72a8c3.png

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)

Rarity: 15.07%

This was a truly amazing Vita experience. Uncharted delivered on this one. I found myself playing this multiple times just for the fun of it, complete disregard for trophies. Crushing mode was easy, minus all the stupid touch-screen boss fights. Seriously, those sucked. Other than that, a highly satisfying platinum for a satisfying game.

*work in progress*

Edited by lumphy101
  • Like 2