Game registering unknown strum signal

Asuka Langley

Well. Unknown to me at least. Excuse my lack of technincal knowledge for this thing as well ^^"

While I'm playing songs I've noticed my controller has been sending - or my reciever has been recieving - strumming input from an unknown source. I've heard that there were some problems with the controller sending inputs that could be noticed in menus, but again I've only noticed it whilst playing songs. I've tested it in EZ mode to see if it was just me who was to blame with the probability of strumming by mistake, but it still strumed with my hands off the guitar.

Could someone elaborate if my controller, game or reciever is broke and if not then anything else it could be?

Oh, goodness gracious. That is truly unfortunate. I have never heard of issues being found with the USB connected to the console itself, though. Only issue I ever had with it, was it not turning on for GH3 when I had first gotten it.

If I may ask, what guitar are you currently using? I know a lot of older model guitars did have an overstrum fault. Most notably the Xplorer used originally for GH2. But I have not heard of it happening on the GH5 model...That is the one I use now whenever I am on PS3 (Almost never, am pretty much strictly PC for these games now).

Edited by Nepgear2

Oh, goodness gracious. That is truly unfortunate. I have never heard of issues being found with the USB connected to the console itself, though. Only issue I ever had with it, was it not turning on for GH3 when I had first gotten it.

If I may ask, what guitar are you currently using? I know a lot of older model guitars did have an overstrum fault. Most notably the Xplorer used originally for GH2. But I have not heard of it happening on the GH5 model...That is the one I use now whenever I am on PS3 (Almost never, am pretty much strictly PC for these games now).

I'm using the GH 5 model too xD It's really pissing me off though because I can't practice for Expert as I don't know what note I'm hitting and which I'm missing from the overstrum ;-;

I'm using the GH 5 model too xD It's really pissing me off though because I can't practice for Expert as I don't know what note I'm hitting and which I'm missing from the overstrum ;-;

Hmmm. :/ I do not really know how to fix that. I know with the Xplorers taking off the covering and putting a piece of paper in between the strum bar and the covering fixed it. But I do not know if there is a fix for that with the GH5...I know mine had a slight overstrum issue at first, but it was not bad enough to always interfere. And it got better over time. All I can say is; if it does not improve after about a week of use. You might just need to get another one.

• 1 year later...