Game crashed and save corrupted, but don't worry...

MMDE

Yeah, so the game crashed after I had pretty much completed it with the exception of a few collectibles that would have taken me 20 mins to get. I had to redo everything I had done, and I watched an episode of a TV show that lasted 50 minutes or something, and yet I got the 100% in around 3 hours or so. Yeah, so the good news is, it's an easy and short game. I'd probably recommend you did the entire game without exiting it, which shouldn't be too hard.

Short and easy 100%, somewhat interesting, but I don't think it was the worth the money it cost, even with the release discount. The game doesn't make all that much sense, a lot of religious symbols, consist of like mainly 3 or 4 or so mini-games. While these mini-games were okay, but there's barely any of it, and they came wrapped in ... strangeness or whatever, I just don't think it's worth the asking price.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

The same just happened with me. I had 2/10 trophies left for The Swapper, but it decided to wipe my save and start from the beginning again. I'll finish you game and then will never buy another game from the same dev because they screwed me. Welcome to capitalism, where even the slightest mistake loses customers. Now study everything Ubisoft has done and do everything the opposite way to make a profit

The same just happened with me. I had 2/10 trophies left for The Swapper, but it decided to wipe my save and start from the beginning again. I'll finish you game and then will never buy another game from the same dev because they screwed me. Welcome to capitalism, where even the slightest mistake loses customers. Now study everything Ubisoft has done and do everything the opposite way to make a profit

Kinda difficult to tell what exactly made your game save corrupt. What happened to me was that I played it for 45 minutes or so, watched a tv-series with my wife, and then when I came back and I went for one of the few collectibles I missed. Exactly as I got a collectible I missed, the game crashed. When I loaded the game back up, I constantly got the message that the save was corrupted.

Should be noted that Pillar is made by like 2 people, mainly one dude. For that the game is pretty nice, but I just don't think it's worth the asking price. You can literally 100% the game in less than a hour. If you use a guide for the less intuitive collectibles, you can get 100% the first time you play the game in like one and a half hour. You basically "play" as different "personalities". Distant, where you got to avoid people by making them have attention on something else. Focused, where you avoid people by making them aware of you but running away before they really see who you are. These two are like one mini-game. I don't remember the rest's personalities, but basically, there's one mini game where you play as this girl who run away from death, and death moves closer every time you move etc. Everything you do cost you some health etc. The last one is basically you control two characters, one can fix and break lights, one can turn on lights. The person who can turn on, can't turn on a broken light. The person who fixes usually end up breaking lights just as easily. So there you got another puzzle. Unless I forget anything, that's all the puzzles in the game. It's pretty artsty though.

I think Swapper is made by several.people, so that'd be a bit different. Did you like their game though? It seems like a rather decent game. Also, I recommend you take backup of your save sometimes.

Edited by MMDE

Sounds like frequent backups are in order for this title.

If you haven't already invest in some external storage to use as backup. I have several drives (a 1TB external, a 160GB external, and a 16GB thumb drive) and, of course, PS+ also offers cloud storage and taking full advantage of these options will really improve your gaming life. I learned my lessons early in the 7th generation thanks to a couple YLOD episodes. My different backup options have saved me on numerous occasions. The full system backup feature has been especially valuable. There was one time specifically where my HDD got corrupted somehow and I would have lost EVERYTHING without my full system backups.

Just remember your drives have to be formatted FAT32 for the PS3 to recognize them. Cheers. :)

Sounds like frequent backups are in order for this title.

If you haven't already invest in some external storage to use as backup. I have several drives (a 1TB external, a 160GB external, and a 16GB thumb drive) and, of course, PS+ also offers cloud storage and taking full advantage of these options will really improve your gaming life. I learned my lessons early in the 7th generation thanks to a couple YLOD episodes. My different backup options have saved me on numerous occasions. The full system backup feature has been especially valuable. There was one time specifically where my HDD got corrupted somehow and I would have lost EVERYTHING without my full system backups.

Just remember your drives have to be formatted FAT32 for the PS3 to recognize them. Cheers. :)

It doesn't sound like frequent backups are required for this game, because you can easily beat it in about an hour. :P I'm just sore because I was done with like 30-40 minutes of that.

Edited by MMDE