Did I miss this?

thegirlruka

There was a patch for the game today and I just noticed that the game has "trial version" watermarked on the bottom right portion of the screen. Was this there before and did I just missed it or was it added in this patch? I haven't seen any notice about it and it hasn't effected gameplay, but it just seems... suspicious.

Edited by kuuhaku

Yeah I had noticed this when I downloaded the game and couldn't find anything on it. I bought coins and the game is free so it should be a glitch. I figure it should go away once I hit level 20. It said somewhere the "trial version" was for beginners because if you've haven't spent the $ im guessing it takes to get to 20 this month then your just trying it out :P It one of those "freemium" app games that south park did an episode on. 

No, it's definitely new with this patch. 

I don't know what mileage you guys are getting with this game, but I've never seen so many crashes in an official game on a playstation console. Most of the homebrew on the PSP was better than this game. I get crashes after every second "Skip Battle" on a search (that started with the original Vita release); now I get them before lots of searches too (with the current patch). 

I dutifully report each one to Sony; maybe Sony's making them slap a "test version" label on the software until they get the bugs ironed out. I for one am getting close to nuking the game though. Maybe grab the rest of the bronze trophies and walk away. Certainly not inspired to pay $$ for it yet.

Yeah that's the same error I've been getting. I havn't tried the methods the support site shows you yet though. I'll let you know how it works out.

It seems like restarting the system is working so far. I've used 50 stamina since restarting and haven't crashed yet.

After having it open for about 3 hours it crashed again with the same error. I'm gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if it does anything.

Edited by theguytom

Yeah I've done reboots. Still haven't reinstalled, but I've been on some other forums where people are complaining too. There's lots to hate about this game, and at the rate that I seem to be getting hunt tokens the Gold trophy is out of reach. I foresee myself scoring the two silvers and then giving up if it's this much of a struggle. 

Sometimes I look back at the birth of Squenix and wonder why it ever happened. Wrecked two good game companies.

I think they meant to put BETA version or something due to the bugs.

I'm only having the one bug that has already been mentioned in an earlier post, and have also been reporting it once it comes up.  Makes it tough to do jobs efficiently and I hope they release a patch tomorrow.

We will see though.  This is basically a re-skin of their mobile game Guardian Cross so it'll be a decent time sink if you have nothing else to do.  Very straight forward trophy list as well.

Edited by Jounochi

I've noticed the crashing linked to skipping battles as well. It only happens in searches, not in the boneyard. But I did have one crash after using an Elite Hunt Permit, which, annoyingly, was then lost. It was a free one that I'd been given in game, but it still stung.

BUT. Take a look at this link: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/526110/trial-version-watermark-remains-in-unity-free-afte.html. I notice that the "Trial Version" text lines up perfectly with the Unity logo on the splash screen. So, this could mean that Squenix's team (as both developer and publisher) may be using an EXPIRED TRIAL VERSION of the Unity Development Engine (or may be going back to the free version). 

In other words, the watermark might be from Squenix not even willing to invest enough into this game to pay for the engine driving the game. And they expect us to pay for it? Free to play is broken if this is what the model cranks out. 

I sincerely hope the above is wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone explain 'Redeath'?

thanks

My understanding of Redeath is that you have to "feed" the deadman until the bar reaches 100%. I don't think the feeding towards a redeath counts towards the feeding trophies, although I can't confirm it. If you use the same deadman as material the bar automatically reaches 100%. For example, if you used Cleopatra as redeath material for a max leveled Cleopatra it would automatically reach 100%. Once the bar reaches 100% you can "redeath" the deadman. Once "redeathed" the deadman resets to level 1, increases its level cap, and gains higher base stats. Once a "redeathed" deadman reaches its old max level (level 50 or 60 depending on the deadman) it will gain a new ability. Any boosts to a deadman will carry over when a deadman is "redeathed".  I think the abilities also reset when "redeathed", but I can't remember.