Movement bug fix?

I recently starting having an issue where joel is stutter stepping and jerking when i try to move him. he is constantly stopping even though im trying to move him forward. happens in multiplayer as well. I looked it up and other people are having the same issue. ALL MY OTHER GAMES WORK JUST FINE so it has to be the game. Does anyone know a fix to this movement bug? I really like The Last of Us Remastered but i can't play it with Joel constantly stopping and stutter stepping smh.

• 2 months later...

The problem is probably your controller. The stick signal is dropping off as if you were letting go of the stick briefly. Other games seem to smooth out the imperfections in the stick. Try ordering some 99% isopropyl alcohol. Open the controller up and spray the alcohol into the mechanism of both sticks. Then rotate the sticks around. Hopefully, that will clean the sticks enough. If not, try another controller.

• 9 months later...

I haven't had a movement bug in this way but there are parts of the game where you try and move Joel to sneak past clickers and stalkers in the sewers and for some reason he decides to move very quickly when going up steps or near steps, it's so damn frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...