Love the game, except the calibration part

I dont understand why Sega chose to make the calibration setup the way it is. Its SO much easier (and makes more to sense) to do like Guitar Hero/Rock Band does and have the player hit the note a few times over and the game automatically sets up the proper lag for your tv. 

I love the game and actually prefer it over guitar hero/rock band. I completed both normal and hard modes, but for the life of me i cant get a "perfect" score simply because the input lag isnt setup perfectly and frankly i dont want to spend anymore time with it because it just annoys the hell out of me. (currently its set to 43).

Grinding out a song on hard difficulty with the 4x multiplier only yields 61,000 DP. I always get between 4-10 safe notes which costs about 30K dp if i remember correctly. 

Thoughts?

• 1 year later...

Check your TV's in depth technical specification. I'll give you and example of how my calibration went:
I read the TV's technical documentation which claimed the TV has a 47ms display lag. (didnt mention WHEN it has that lag tho).
Put the TV in "Game Mode", set the calibration to 47ms but it was SOO BAD.
Checked outions one by one.
Turned out that the DEFAULT value for the TV's AUDIO lag (to match enchanced video) was set to 150 (!) ms. changed that to 0.
Changed game calibration to 0.

When I hit the notes ONLY following my ears - it was perfect, but it was a bit off with the video (due to display lag).
Tweaked a LOT with it wilh little to no effect.
on day my Friend linked me to an article about Samsung TV's (because I have a samsung TV). it turns out that GAME MODE is not the proper mode for the TV to play games. You have to (contrary to any instincts) manually change the name of the TV's INPUT to "PC" which in turn nullifies any overscan (yes there was overscan in Game mode that I didnt notice!) and minimizes Display lag to less than 1 frame of animation. Ever since then calibration set to 0 with Audio lag set to 0 and it;s as good as it gets.

So again - Check your TV! Don't blame the game. Its good that they do have a calibaration at all.