How do I challenge calls?

mahoganyman

It will do it automatically if the play is close. It has only happened twice for me and both times I lost the challenge.

Usually it is triggered when something causes the manager to run out of the dugout. In both of my cases, it was really close calls at first.

Other than that, I haven't been able to trigger it. So I guess patience is going to be the utmost thing needed for this.

EDIT: Be sure to leave Umpire Close Calls set to ON in the General Settings. This means they will sometimes make mistakes on close calls. If you set it to off, all of their calls are perfect, and the replay availability will never trigger, even on close calls.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

It will do it automatically if the play is close. It has only happened twice for me and both times I lost the challenge.

Usually it is triggered when something causes the manager to run out of the dugout. In both of my cases, it was really close calls at first.

Other than that, I haven't been able to trigger it. So I guess patience is going to be the utmost thing needed for this.

EDIT: Be sure to leave Umpire Close Calls set to ON in the General Settings. This means they will sometimes make mistakes on close calls. If you set it to off, all of their calls are perfect, and the replay availability will never trigger, even on close calls.

Ok I am going to try that Umpire Close Calls button in the menu. Cause this and the rob someone of a home run is a pain in the ass.

Ok I am going to try that Umpire Close Calls button in the menu. Cause this and the rob someone of a home run is a pain in the ass.

EDIT: I finally did get the replay challenge. I bunted down the 3rd base line with Brian McCann when the defense was playing in an overshift. He was called out but I challenged because his first touched the bag right before the ball got to the 1st basemen's glove.

I successfully robbed someone of a home run, and the trophy never popped. Even when I played the replay, the glove extended past the yellow line at the top of the wall.

My problem is the slide step trophy. I know the controls to perform the slide step, I just never get the option to do a slide step.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

EDIT: I finally did get the replay challenge. I bunted down the 3rd base line with Brian McCann when the defense was playing in an overshift. He was called out but I challenged because his first touched the bag right before the ball got to the 1st basemen's glove.

I successfully robbed someone of a home run, and the trophy never popped. Even when I played the replay, the glove extended past the yellow line at the top of the wall.

My problem is the slide step trophy. I know the controls to perform the slide step, I just never get the option to do a slide step.

I tried using Brian but as slow as he is he was called out by a mile.

I tried using Brian but as slow as he is he was called out by a mile.

Keep trying. It's all about placement during the bunt. I have 3 successful challenges on bunts of his.

Also, Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner are good options for that trophy also.

Edited by ShogunCroCop