James_Tonto

Tonto's Trophy Room

134 posts in this topic

1Ld3d22d.png

Final Fantasy XV

Platinum #116

My fourth and final platinum, for January 2018, and it was a blast. FFXV is a game, I was anticipating for ages. It's got everything I want and need from a good game, and a great Final Fantasy title. An engaging story, well written characters, a fascinating world, and an open world, that doesn't feel empty or lacking in interesting activities. If there's one game, I can recommend you play this year, that wasn't released this year. Then this has to be one of my top recommendations, along with Horizon Zero Dawn.

1L451f44.png

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Platinum #117

I had a blast playing through Shadow of the Colossus, the PS4 version really is the definitive version of the game. It takes all my problems from the PS3 HD release, and smoothly solves them. While also providing a superior game visually and control-wise. If you're thinking about buying this game, definitely go with the PS4 version, it's the superior game, in my humble opinion. You can see my full thoughts, back on page 1. ^_^

1L13ff8b.png

God of War

Platinum #118

I had a wonderful time playing through the seventh entry in the God of War franchise. This game is gorgeous visually, and controls well. The characters are brilliant, and the story is engaging. I love how the Norse mythology and world is used in God of War. I particularly enjoy Kratos's portrayal in this game, as well as his relationships with the other characters. I'm looking forward to the next game in the series.

1L611434.png

The Little Acre 

Platinum #119

I had a fun time with this game. It's a short and sweet journey to the platinum. The game is fun, easy to play and doesn't overstay its welcome. I actually think the game is a little too short, and I could see a little additional time spent on expanding the story or world, could've made this game an even better experience. The game is still good and worth playing, a fairly fun and easy point and click adventure. I'd recommend going in blind and playing through twice, unless you absolutely want to finish the game ASAP. Then you should use a guide, to speed things along.

Edited by James_Tonto

1Lfd4eb8.png

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Definitive Edition
Platinum #120

I've finally hit 120 platinum trophies, my trophy progress has been somewhat slower this year, but I've enjoyed each game so far. Shadow of War was fun to play through, I enjoyed the enhancements made to the Nemesis system, in particular I loved the look of some of the unique orcs in the game, such as 'The hairy' Olog and 'The Machine' and 'The Tower'. I know there are still more totally unique looking orcs I never got to recruit into my army. I also enjoyed the Blood Brother system, though it did get annoying when an Orc or Olog's Blood brother got killed by Sauron's forces and they blamed me instead.

Edited by James_Tonto
Typos.

1La2014d.png

Marvel's Spider-Man

Platinum #121

Spider-Man, this game. It does everything right, it's everything I would want in a Spider-Man game. It doesn't focus on Spidey's origins, but actually takes place after Spider-Man has been around awhile. I think this is one of the best portrayals of Spider-Man, Peter Parker's double life as a hero and his normal everyday life. Great designs for Spider-Man and his suits, and all his villains. Great characters, fun and enjoyable gameplay and enough extra content to keep you busy without slowing down the game too much. Definitely the definitive Spider-Man game, I would really recommend playing this game. I had a blast with this one.

Not my greatest year for Trophy hunting. I've hit several road bumps in my plain and simple ability to sit down and enjoy a game. The main one being the loss of the TV I kept in my old bedroom, which forced me to set up my PS4 downstairs. Plus I've been pretty busy over 2018, and I got into a lot of PC games.Still I at least had a lot of fun, with the games I did manage to earn platinums for. Here's to hoping 2019 is a year, where I can finish more of my backlog.

1L891f42.png

Spyro the Dragon

Platinum #122

It seems like almost all of my original PSX gaming idols have made the leap, over to the current era of gaming. We've got Crash, Abe, Spyro and my fave skeleton Sir Daniel Fortesque this year. Spyro's updated visuals really breath a lot of life into the games. It still plays like I remember, the good and bad. But it feels like a wonderfully authentic experience. I did have to look up a guide or two, for when I couldn't remember or figure out, where the last gems were in some levels. Overall though, I had a good time with this game, nothing too hard or challenging and I'm looking forward to beating Spyro 2 and 3. 

1L3f1abf.png

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Platinum #123

I've beaten the second game in the trilogy, and I had a good time overall. Their were some things that did annoy me about this game, little things like the Trolley segment. I enjoyed visiting all the different worlds the game had to offer.The boss Fights were pretty easy, but fun nonetheless. And like the first game in the Reignited Trilogy, the re-imagined versions of the characters, look fantastic. I especially liked Elora, Hunter and the Professor's redesigns. Classic PSX Hunter kinda looked strung out on drugs, due to his wide bulging eyes back in the day XD.