The Vita Encyclopedia of Special Editions

ScutumMagister

This is a work in progress and will take some time to complete. I'll be trying to add at least 10 games per day until I'm caught up. Currently have about 39 more games to add though the console section is finished as far as I know. 

Another quick update. I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been really engrossed in some of my games but this will get done, I promise.

I started putting this list of translated Vita special editions together more for my own sake than anything but I figured I might as well share it in case it actually benefits anyone, or they just find it interesting. I know, some of you might wonder why I would start putting this together in the first place, "Does he really have that much time on his hands?", etc. but I did it because I love my Vita and also because I'm expanding my Vita game collection and I want the most deluxe edition of a Vita game I can get. Some games have Limited Editions. Some games have Collector's Editions. Yet other games have Launch Editions, which don't really seem like they'd be the collector's edition but essentially are, at least when compared to the Standard Edition of a game, i.e. Conception 2 and some others.

All games listed also have a standard edition that is only the game, and some in cases it's digital only, and of course, each version listed below comes with the game too.

I'll add new games to this list as I find out about them.

Vita Console Special Editions (Only includes bundles where the Vita had a game specific body) - https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27018-the-vita-encyclopedia-of-special-editions/#entry604734

Ar No Surge Plus (America)

Limited Edition - Includes soundtrack CD, Surge Concerto pin badge, microfiber cloth, sticker sheet and special outer box.

ar-nosurge-plus.jpg

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Europe)

Limited Edition - Includes 12 high quality design prints and special outer box.

bbcsex_limited_edition_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

Premium Edition - Includes 12 high quality design prints, soundtrack, manga pack in Ragna sleeve (includes reprint of the first volume, volume 2 localized and published for the first time, Hazama and Ragna poster) and special outer box.

blazeblue.jpg

Ciel Nosurge: Ushinatawareta Hoshi e Sasuga Shi

Agent Pack - Includes  Voice CD, "top secret documents", Vita cover. - Unable to find much information about this edition.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (America)

Launch Edition - Includes soundtrack CD and special outer box.

tumblr_myfqtatser1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

Criminal Girls: Invite Only (America)

Limited Edition - Includes soundtrack CD, art book, keychain and special outer box.

criminal-girls-invite-only-limited-editi

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (America)

Limited Edition - Includes soundtrack CD, art book and special outer box.

danganronpa.jpg

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (America)

Limited Edition - Includes soundtrack CD, art book, 3" sticker, Monocoin, sunglasses and special outer box.

danganronpa-2-ce.jpg

Demon Gaze (America)

demon-gaze-limited-edition.jpg

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisted (America)

Includes - 3 keychains, microfiber cloth, poster and a special outer box.

disgaea-4.jpg

DJMAX Technika Tune (America and Asia)

Limited Edition - Includes soundtrack, art book, Vita case, Vita pouch, hand strap, screen cleaner and special outer box.

djmax-america.jpg

DJMAX Technika Tune (Japan)

Limited Edition - Includes soundtrack, art book, cleaning strap and special outer box.

technika.jpg

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal (America)

Launch Edition - Includes a 17-month calendar.

dt2_glamshot.jpg

HtoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary

995778327525874324.jpg

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (America)

Limited Edition - Includes art book, wall scroll, reversible cover sleeve art and special outer box.

hyperdevotion-noire.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection (America)

Limited Edition - Includes microfiber cloth, PP earbuds and special outer box.

nep_pp_po.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 1 (America)

Limited Edition - Includes Vita case featuring Purple Heart, 8-bit Nep-Nep rubber strap, Neptune and Purple Heart 4x4 graphic art print and special outer box.

hdn-rebirth-1.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation (America)

Limited Edition - Includes soundtrack CD, 2015 desktop calendar, reversible cover sleeve art and special outer box.

hdn-rebirth-2.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia: U Action Unleashed (America)

Limited Edition - Includes soundtrack CD, Purple Heart body pillow case (pillow not included) and special outer box.

hdn-u.jpg

Muramasa Rebirth (America)

Blessing of Amitabha Edition - Includes Vita velvet pouch, Vita skin, Vita faceplate, lithograph and special outer box.

muramasa-rebirth.jpg

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (America)

operation-abyss-new-tokyo-legacy-launch-

operation-abyss-new-tokyo-legacy-01-22-1

Persona 4: Golden (America)

Solid Gold Premium Edition - Includes Vita face cover, Persona 4 themed Vita skin, hard case for storing the Vita and 3 games, Persona 4 stickers and special outer box.

persona-4-golden-solid-gold-premium-edit

Ragnarok Odyssey (America)

Mercenary Edition - Includes soundtrack CD, artwork/strategy book, pack of 10 random monster cards and special outer box.

ragnarok_odyssey_thumb.jpg

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE (America)

ragnarokodysseyace_le.jpg

Retro City Rampage

Physical Edition - Limited to 3,330 copies.

16807537639_78ebe2779f_z.jpg

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (America)

Let's Get Physical Edition - Includes soundtrack CD, Shinobi Syllabus (containing profiles, gameplay strategies and illustrations) and special outer box.

senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-limited-edi

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (America)

Hot and Spicy, Everything Nicey Limited Edition - Includes bib, "Kuu-rry" plate, "Kuu-rry" spoon and special outer box.

packaging-001.jpg

Steins;Gate (Europe)

El Psy Kongroo Edition (Rice Digital Exclusive) Includes - art book, badge set, metal Upa replica and presentation box.

sg_riceedition-1.jpg

Steins;Gate (Japan)

Double Pack Limited Edition - Movie ticket, clothing set (clothes, hair pin, choker, charm) and special outer box.

steinsgate_double_pack_first-print_limitsteins-gate.jpg

Tales of Hearts R (Japan)

LaLaBitMarket Edition - Includes 8 bookmarks.

tales_of_hearts_r_lalalabit_market_limit

Link Edition - Includes quest clock DLC code, cradle and cradle face cover, cross, pouch, protective film and special outer box.

tales_of_hearts_r_lalalabit_market_limit

Tales of Innocence R (Japan)

Limited Edition - Includes 8 various keychains. Some sites also indicate a DLC card and others don't.

talesinor2.jpg

Ys: Memories of Celceta (America)

Silver Anniversary Edition - Includes a 3-CD set containing music spanning the entire franchise, cloth map, compass, art book/travel journal and special outer box.

ys-memories-of-celceta-xseed-games-nis-a

Edited by ScutumMagister
  • Like 3

Disgaea 4 has a limited edition. One of my personal favorites in fact!

If possible, add console LEs like the God Eater and Miku ones.

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about the Disgaea 4 one.

Sure, I'll add the console LEs that I can find. It'll be interesting to see what all were available.

Edit: Hmm, I might try adding pics of each game's editions too. Maybe hide each in spoiler tags so it doesn't load a long screen full of images.

Edited by ScutumMagister

Does it have to be special editions? Retro City Rampage DX has a very limited physical retail copy.

I've actually been trying to decide that. I'll probably go ahead and include them since I think the Retro City Rampage one is more limited than some of the other special editions.

The first Danganronpa also had a limited edition with a softcover artbook, soundtrack cd with jewel case, and nice outer box.

Thanks, I'm about to update the topic so I'll get that added as well.

Got the topic updated with the ones mentioned above as well as pictures of all. I'll work on the LE Vitas tomorrow as well as add some other games I found.

Edited by ScutumMagister

Vita Console Special Editions

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

cod-black-ops-declassified.jpg

Danganronpa 1 and 2 bundle (Japan)

danganronpa1.jpg

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (Japan and Asia)

final-fantasy-x.jpg

God Eater 2 (Japan and Asia)

god-eater-2.jpg

Gundam Breaker (Japan and Asia)

gundam-breaker.jpg

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (Japan)

hatsune-miku-project-diva-f.jpg

Phantasy Star Nova (Japan)

phantasy-star-nova.jpg

Soul Sacrifice (Japan and Asia)

soul-sacrifice.jpg

Toukiden (Japan and Asia)

toukiden.jpg

Edited by ScutumMagister

Fcking America having everything

If you count EU versions as well.

Here's a Steins;Gate El Psy Congroo Edition

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-ps-vita

THERE'S FRIGGING METAL UPA!

Thanks, I'll get that added. I've found info on a Steins;Gate LE but it looks like an entirely different one than what you posted.

1 more to add, not sure how you missed this....

Because it's still a work in progress. I have about 50 more to add still that I know of. Hmm, after actually counting them I might need to split them up into a couple posts.

Edited by ScutumMagister

Instead of calendars they really need to just make them into small art books, since they have a limited use (everyone has a calendar on their phone already). On a side note does anyone feel that Re;Birth 1 had the best LE out of the Neptunia games on Vita? I know it doesn't have an art book, but the things included seem better than the others. Like that pillow in Neptunia U seems really weird.

Instead of calendars they really need to just make them into small art books, since they have a limited use (everyone has a calendar on their phone already). On a side note does anyone feel that Re;Birth 1 had the best LE out of the Neptunia games on Vita? I know it doesn't have an art book, but the things included seem better than the others. Like that pillow in Neptunia U seems really weird.

Yeah, I'd actually rather prefer an art book to a calendar myself. 

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend had a LE in Europe, that's the only one I know that is exclusive to europe. 

You also forgot DJ Max Technika Tune.  :P

Both of those are on my list to add still. DJ Max Technika Tune had 2 different versions, 1 for Japan only and another that was for Asia and America, though the version for Japan had the least amount of stuff.

List has been updated with BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Limited and Premium editions, DJMAX Technika Tune (America, Japan and Asia versions), HDN Producing Perfection, Steins;Gate (Europe and Japan versions), Tales of Hearts R (Japan - LaLaBitMarket and Link editions), Tales of Innocence R (Japan).