I'm buying a PS4 soon - What games would you recommend?

Krazy_99

Its not because the nationality. Its because the way of thinking.

Yes, Legend of Korra eg is "anime-style", but there is no way you dont notice it isnt an anime. :)

Edit: Oh, and that isnt hate or anything. I like Korra :)

I explained two posts above you that JRPGs and WRPGs are different on a fundamental game design level. Aesthetic also plays a part in differentiating them but its not just about anime style or whatever.

I explained two posts above you that JRPGs and WRPGs are different on a fundamental game design level. Aesthetic also plays a part in differentiating them but its not just about anime style or whatever.

So, now you are complaining that I picked a show instead of a game as example, or what? :)

I talked about design too, or not? :P

Whatever... my statement stays the same:

Its not because the nationality. Its because the way of thinking.

Im pretty sure, if I would be interested in "WRPGs" or "WRPG-style", I still would notice somewhere that Bloodborn, or whatever, is made by japanese people.

Because their way of thinking.

Now understandable?

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

So, now you are complaining that I picked a show instead of a game as example, or what? :)

I talked about design too, or not? :P

Whatever... my statement stays the same:

Im pretty sure, if I would be interested in "WRPGs" or "WRPG-style", I still would notice somewhere that Bloodborn, or whatever, is made by japanese people.

Because their way of thinking.

Now understandable?

You're hung up about how a game looks and fail to notice what i'm actually saying: as a game, you know game design, a WRPG is different from a JRPG. Whatever slight Japanese influence there may be in Bloodborne, are eroded by its western game design. The game is a Lovecraftian for god's sake, can you get more western than that?

You're hung up about how a game looks and fail to notice what i'm actually saying: as a game, you know game design, a WRPG is different from a JRPG. Whatever slight Japanese influence there may be in Bloodborne, are eroded by its western game design. The game is a Lovecraftian for god's sake, can you get more western than that?

And you are hung up about assuming I would talk about graphics and you fail to notice what Im actually saying: They think different and are on a different level/route of fantasy/imagination. It doesnt matter how western a game by japanese devs is designed, sooner or later you will notice its a game made by japanese, because of its feeling.

And you are hung up about assuming I would talk about graphics and you fail to notice what Im actually saying: They think different and are on a different level/route of fantasy/imagination. It doesnt matter how western a game by japanese devs is designed, sooner or later you will notice its a game made by japanese, because of its feeling.

Not really. Bloodborne is all Lovecraftian and Victorian fantasy, with only extremely little Japanese influence if you even want to call it that on very minor things. Its still a WRPG.

Same with its predecessor. Western enough for them to be WRPGs, not JRPGs.