Glitches & Help

Matticus182

I thought it would be good to post a little something to help others out if they decide to go for the platinum and run into the issues that I did.  It would appear that as EA rolled out patches to re-add functionality to the game, they broke a couple of the trophies.

Scouting Master  -  Scout every eligible region in one season in Be A GM mode.

• This trophy is really straight forward but if it doesn't pop at the end of the first season and you scouted every region then it's most likely glitched.  There are 11 scout-able regions, including the "rest of world" region which usually doesn't have more than one player.  If this trophy doesn't pop and you are 100% certain you scouted all regions, I suggest deleting the game data (not your save files) and completely disconnect your PS4 from the internet.  Re-launch the game and make sure you get the message that the game can't connect to the internet and access the EA servers so that you are playing on version 1.00 of the game.  Once you do that you should have no problem getting the trophy to pop.  I confirmed this works as has dman87.

Master Negotiator  -  Sign a 1st line Forward, a Top 2 Defenseman or an Elite Goalie during Free Agency in Be A GM mode.

• I got to the end of my first season (playing as the Penguins) and got the onslaught of trophies.  Simmed to free agency to resign my players and get the two negotiator trophies.  Much to my surprise, when I resigned Marc-Andre Fleury, an Elite goalie, I only got the Negotiator trophy for resigning any player.  I'm still unsure of why Master Negotiator didn't pop.  The work around for this trophy is to go onto the "Customization" tab at the main game menu and create a custom roster.  Simply select the Ducks and move Ryan Getzlaf from the Ducks to Free Agency.  Start up a new Be A GM season as anyone but the Ducks (turning salary cap off makes it easier), go into free agency and sign Getzlaf.  Just keep an eye on how full your roster is, if you have too many skaters or are at the 50 player cap then he will reject every offer.  Big thanks dman87 for this method!

Developer  -  Have a player that you drafted grow to 90+ overall in Be A GM mode.

• For this trophy, EA patched the original exploit but you can still use it if you use the delete game data method mentioned under Scouting Master.  The patch EA released forced YOU to actually draft the player and then develop them to 90+ in order to get the trophy.  It's not actually that difficult to get post-patch, but it just takes longer.  If you use the post-patch method, sim to the end of the season, trade for the #1 overall pick and draft Connor McDavid.  Regardless of what your scouts tell you, McDavid will start at a 74 and will have super high potential so if you play him on your top line with other stars you should have the trophy this way by the end of your second season or slightly into your 3rd.
  • If you want to use the pre-patch approach, delete the game data as mentioned above and start a new Be A GM mode as Colorado with injuries turned off.  Just keep simming until you get the trophy.  The reason I recommend Colorado is because they are the team who drafted Matt Duchene and he is still on their roster at an 89 overall.  So it shouldn't take much longer than a season even if you have a losing record due to simming.  Once Duchene develops to 90 you will get the trophy.
Edited by Matticus182

• 3 weeks later...

HUT handicaps suck big time. In addition, I just ran into another mood killer bug/glitch/cheat. I had to win the last match to remain in my division and I was winning 1-0. 40 seconds to go in the 3rd period, "waiting for a player", connection lost and a loss without getting any coins for the game played. Lower division here I come, wee.