Did I mess up the Penny Pincher Trophy?

DaRetroOne

I had recently beat the game on New Game Plus without spending any money. Heck I even maxed out the gold counter during my playthrough, However once a beat the game and the credits rolled the trophy didn't pop. Previously on the save before I unlocked New Game Plus I had purchased items but I didn't purchase anything on my New Game Plus playthrough. Did I negate the trophy from the previous save or is the trophy bugged?

Weird, this is the same approach I did with this trophy. 100%ed everything on my first playthrough and beat NG+ without buying anything. What you did in the previous playthrough money-wise shouldn't affect NG+. I think it might be bugged, or you spent money on something obscure that's not a store, like the Hat Shop or the Hall of Champions. 

Weird, this is the same approach I did with this trophy. 100%ed everything on my first playthrough and beat NG+ without buying anything. What you did in the previous playthrough money-wise shouldn't affect NG+. I think it might be bugged, or you spent money on something obscure that's not a store, like the Hat Shop or the Hall of Champions. 

Does unlocking the Chaos Armor count? 

Does unlocking the Chaos Armor count? 

I honestly don't know....the Chaos Armor doesn't cost any money, right? I don't know, maybe the game thinks you spent money even though you didn't since you still have to obtain it at a shop. Kinda throwing darts in the dark at this point, sorry. :S On my NG+ I didn't visit a single shop, I made sure that I had everything I needed for the 2nd playthrough. 

I honestly don't know....the Chaos Armor doesn't cost any money, right? I don't know, maybe the game thinks you spent money even though you didn't since you still have to obtain it at a shop. Kinda throwing darts in the dark at this point, sorry. :S On my NG+ I didn't visit a single shop, I made sure that I had everything I needed for the 2nd playthrough. 

Thanks for the tip! I might just restart NG+ again just for the trophy. Wouldn't mind I mean it's Shovel Knight you can't go wrong. 

Thanks for the tip! I might just restart NG+ again just for the trophy. Wouldn't mind I mean it's Shovel Knight you can't go wrong. 

No prob, tried my best, and good luck! And you're right about that, Shovel Knight is awesome!

• 1 month later...