Sound stopped working.

Tomoko Kuroki

Out of nowhere the games sound doesnt work anymore, no music nothing. My ps3 sound is fine and my other games work, just mortal kombat sound stopped working out of nowhere, I even tried restarting ps3 and no fix

Edit : Ok now my other games have no sound either, but when I exit the games, the sound on my ps3 is back 

FIXED :

For some reason the fix was to go in sound settings, hdmi, MANUAL, and uncheck dolby digital 5.1. Here's a link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgT8dFzfcSA

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

Out of nowhere the games sound doesnt anymore, no music nothing. My ps3 sound is fine and my other games work, just mortal kombat sound stopped working out of nowhere, I even tried restarting ps3 and nothing fix

That happened to me yesterday on destiny when I changed TVs back and forth. I had to go to screen settings (or whatever) and re-set everything to automatic/easy settings, then it came back. Try that?

I'll try it out, just weird the sound does work but just not on mk

Edit : Just tried it, didn't fix, also when I go on mortal kombat, if I press the PS button, my ps3 sound doesnt work either, like when I move around I don;t hear clicks. The game is completely killing off my tv sound o.O

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

• 6 years later...

While going for the MKFIS trophy and having my ps3 on for days at a time I started to notice auditory issues.  I never lost full sound, however sometimes the game wouldn't say "FIGHT" or "FINISH HIM" or a combatant would come out and the audio would start skipping on something the character was saying.

It could be just changes in audio settings you need to make, yet if this occurs to someone else and you have been playing a long time or having the system on a long time, best to give it a rest and see if that helps.