"Good" / Praising

So I read the games manual and pretty much understand everything about burst, risk and sp restoring via auto attacks, but I'm not entirely sure how the "Good" / praising function works in battle. What I mean is should I just spam "up" all the time to get 50% sp back everytime ? I mean there is surely some catch behind this. If I remember correctly in the manual they said something about allies being able to get new armor if you praise them in certain ways.

From what I've seen, yes you can just spam "up" after your partner does anything and you'll get 50 sp each time they respond.

I'm not far enough in the game to know anything about new armor for praising.

Edited by soultaker655

Well I found this  http://www.gamezone.com/originals/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-unlocking-heroine-costumes-and-ai-control-guide

When you check someone's character info there's 3 parameter sections, attack, def, support. Apparently when you see someone do an attack skill, a sword shows up on the left side of the screen above there health and if you praise those attacks in particular, her attack support bar will raise. Same thing for the other stats.

So far every character I played with has cooperation bar completely or almost completely maxed out, but lack in the rest. I don't know if it actually raises there stats, but it can change their skill set I think. Not entirely sure how this works and what it benefits, that page I linked talks about costumes but I don't care about that, just wanna figure out if I should focus on def or attack only on some characters

Spamming praise is important for 3 things.

1. 50 SP boost (you're gonna love it once you start spamming 800 SP OSS on 750 SP base xD
  2. Heroine affection (Phillia is a good example since you can only raise her affection this way until she gets transported to Arc Sophia)
  3. As you said, raising the Attack/Buff/Defense polygons. They aren't particularly important for the game, but they unlock costumes for the heroines and iirc if you get all 3 you get a special one, I have it on Silica and I think I got it that way... Anyways, the second thing these polygons do is giving the character preference in action. If the biggest polygon is red, the character will be mostly attacking, if it's green, your partner is gonna be buffing, and if it's blue, they will be doing defensive actions (you will mostly use it on Sachi).

Thanks, seems pretty straight forward, philia has the red bar on the cooperation maxed out, but attack support and .. ( the other one xD ) are not very high. Do the costumes give additional stats, like is it considered armor ?\

I had Philia's cooperation maxed, then I switched her battle strategy to defend. I started praising her when she was using defensive skills only, and now her def support bar is maxed out, but her cooperation bar in the attack section reduced. Can you only work on 1 of the battle strategies at a time ?

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

Thanks, seems pretty straight forward, philia has the red bar on the cooperation maxed out, but attack support and .. ( the other one xD ) are not very high. Do the costumes give additional stats, like is it considered armor ?\

It's not armor. It's only an aesthetics.

I had Philia's cooperation maxed, then I switched her battle strategy to defend. I started praising her when she was using defensive skills only, and now her def support bar is maxed out, but her cooperation bar in the attack section reduced. Can you only work on 1 of the battle strategies at a time ?

Yep. There's a limit and once you reach it, the other colors will be subtracting the leading color.