Online play buggy?

I bought this game a while back and really enjoyed it, so i was glad to see it as a PS+ title so my friends would have it as well.  We tried to play it 4 player last night and had trouble even getting the first level to load.  Every time we would get to a loading screen we would wait for a few minutes, and watch the intro movie, and then it would just pop us back out to the title screen, or it would never load. I thought maybe it was just slow loading, but I think loading times of more than 5 minutes are probably an error. We eventually just gave up as it was getting late.

Has anyone had a similar experience or did we just have a bad night? 

As far as i know everyone had solid connections, as we had been playing Rocket League for about 45 minutes without any troubles before we decided to try out Temple of Osiris.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by benjamin371

This hasn't happened to me, however I was trying to play lastnight and those whom I was playing with kept getting dropped, which would bring us to the character selection page.... then we would start up again and then be forced into the character selection page again because someone new joined.... due to the inconsistancy of people being able to stay connected and then people trying to join, I spent most of my time in the character selection. So frusterating and annoying. As much as I want to play with others, it may be less painful to play through the game by myself.

• Like 1

I managed to get in the game with 3 other friends, but it was absolutely broken for me. My friends characters were running out of the map (on my screen) which would pan the camera out really far, and every time we had to do something fast paced like combat or a chase, my camera would zoom in on a rock and I couldn't see where I was going. Single player was fine though.

• Like 1

The game has crappy servers. Some people just aren't able to play with others; it's not just you. The online sucks in general because people keep dropping in and out, which repeatedly resets the checkpoint and makes everyone select their character again and wait through a loading screen. It's better played in single player.

• Like 1