List Your Own Rocket League Mode Ideas!

Dead-Sync

So, I'm sure many of us really enjoy Rocket League. One thing it gets really well is its core gameplay mechanic. Even though there's only one 'mode' with 4 different player counts, it's still fun because the gameplay is so addicting.

That said despite how great the gameplay is, many may believe new content will be required to keep the game fresh, exciting, and have people come back for more. So, I want to hear your best Rocket League mode ideas! Since Rocket League supports Playlists, the developers have a way they can separate the core mode with new alternate modes. They could keep some highly popular alternate modes permanently, and have others only around for certain events (ie. mode of the month, weekend playlists, etc.)

So what do you guys have in your head? Here are a few of mine: feel free to discuss these and everyone else's!

Rocket Mode (2 - 8 players) - Use the freedom to fly around the match to compete in this airborne mode.

Goals are placed at medium height, leaving a bit of wall both underneath and above the goal.

Boost is disabled completing when driving on ground, but you have infinite boost when in the air.

Boost pickups are removed entirely.

Could also have a version with an arena that is bigger and taller.

Quad Mode (4 - 8 players) - Square arena, 4 teams. What could go wrong?

Large square arena with 4 different goals and 4 teams.

Two types of scores kept: Goals For (team that scores the most goals on other teams), and Goals Against (team that has the least goals scored against them) allowing for multiple ways to compete.

Multiball Mode (4 - 8 players) - Ever play pinball? Yeah, of course you have.

Standard arena, starts with one ball. Balls always drop down from top in middle

Every 30 seconds another ball drops in the middle, for a maximum of 3 (maybe 4) balls at any given time.

On a goal, gameplay does NOT stop. If that was only ball in play, a new ball drops in.

Volley Mode (6 - 8 players) - Airhockey meets volleyball meets tennis I guess.

Standard arena with larger goals.

Midfield line is magic electromagnetic force field which allows ball to pass through, but sling shots cars backwards.

I could go all day, but lets hear some of your ideas!

Edited by Dead-Sync
  • Like 2