Having problems with avatar size

Here's a smaller one http://media2.giphy.com/media/vTLSOH9jOgM12/200.gif

(356x200)

The image is even bigger. It's not about the resolution, it's about the animation. Your only chance is to use gifs with the maximum of three animation phases. Everything beyond that is impossible. By the way: Animated avatars are annoying as hell!

Edited by The Loving Sausage

The image is even bigger. It's not about the resolution, it's about the animation. Your only chance is to use gifs with the maximum of three animation phases. Everything beyond that is impossible. By the way: Animated avatars are annoying as hell!

Can you google Monokuma gifs and give me an example of one that'd work?

I was able to get this one down to around 120KB with some editing (I believe the limit for premium members is 150KB), but 50KB is just too much restriction for a gif (the one I'm using right now is 148KB).

Edited by Masamune_316

because your not.. premium?..

I skimmed the thread. The OP said he had problems with file size and the guy I quoted said a 200kb size limit in response. My confusion elicited my response. A reread has shown that the response said 'even premium...' my bad.

Not even premiums can upload images of that size. The maximum is 200 kb. Do you really need the animation?

Actually the max size is 150KB, you're probably thinking of the recommended dimensions size, which is 200x200.

Ok, I did a little experimenting & got it down to around 48KB, it's got 5 frames & it's in black & white, but that's the best you're going to get with it under 50KB.

ZYPL0x8.gif

• Like 2

Actually the max size is 150KB, you're probably thinking of the recommended dimensions size, which is 200x200.

Ok, I did a little experimenting & got it down to around 48KB, it's got 5 frames & it's in black & white, but that's the best you're going to get with it under 50KB.

ZYPL0x8.gif

Should just get premium because too much editing ruins the image to be honest thanks for the help though