Need help with library in Akenash's Atrium

BinkyMelnik

Hi, folks:

Well, I did it; I'm sunk into this game pretty deep. Right now, I'm tearing my hair out because I cannot get past the library in Akenash's Atrium no matter what I do. There's a knight pacing around, and a librarian (I guess that's what he is). I've managed to get the acid off the table, but that's the extent of my success. No matter what I do, the knight catches me and has his way with each. I'm totally out of ideas, and can't seem to find a walkthrough to help. (Well, I found one of gameanyone.com, but the vids there won't play on my iPad Air for some reason.)

If you've got a clue, I sure would be grateful. I've climbed everything, snuck everywhere, and I just can't see how to get past this. The librarian is an alarmist who shrieks every time he sees my ugly little self.

Binky

Thanks, but I've watched a buncha YouTube vids, fast-forwarding through them, and haven't found the library scene. I was hoping someone remembered how he did it. The Vids are painfully long, so I hafta try to locate what I'm looking for, and I haven't been able to, hence my post.

Edited by BinkyMelnik

And I've had a blast watching little old ladies play GTA on YouTube. The mouths on them! I'm gonna be like that one day. Hell; I'm like that now; I, just not that old yet.

I'm gonna keep right on gaming until, I croak, and Styx might be the game to do it. Stealth is really hard on me. I'm terrified I'll get caught and throttled. And I mean ME, not my ugly little goblin. I hafta keep reminding myself to take deep breaths, and quit with the deathgrip on my controller, and I'm not gonna get murtilated.

If you're really stuck while trying to stealth past a section then always remember

• You can turn invisible
  • You can whistle to distract guards (Never realised this untill the very last level, nobody tells you about this either in the game, it's one of the d-pad buttons, think you have to hold down :down: )
  • You can make your clone growl to distract guards (Same as above, but while controlling a clone. I also believe it was the :right: button for clones, but it has been a while and I can't quite remember)
  • There's usually more than one way from point A to point B, check for beams above or tunnels below
  • Be patient, watch their movement patterns and there's usually a way to sneak past them.

Hope some of this helps with completing the game :)

Edited by Ric

Rid, I can neither whistle nor make my clone growl, no matter what I do. Tell me something: are those skills I don't have yet? Since I'm not able to see them anywhere, I'm thinking they're hiding under "Predator," which is disabled, so I don't know what's in there yet.

Otherwise, I'm gonna try your other tips right now. I'm in a room (well, on a staircase, trying to get into a room) with, among other people, a freaking knight in it and a buncha other types who patrol ceaselessly, and they keep grabbing me and beating me to death, and I've tried every alternate path to get to the sewer. I'm gonna hafta gut it out somehow. So I'll try your tips. I appreciate this a lot!

Oh! Holy crap! I hafta hold the down arrow down! I did it by accident, and I whistled! Why didn't the game tell me about this? Unfortunately, I summoned a roadie who killed me, but it worked! This is gonna come in handy! If this works, then I'll bet I can make my clone growl, too! These were important details the game should have told me. :-( I'm glad I know now. Thanks a lot again, Ric!

Okay; looking at the controller layout, it appears I've had the clone smoke bomb ability all along, dammit, but it's L2+triangle, which gives me Amber vision. So the idea is I'll use that combination when I'm the clone? Is that it?

I sure wish this game had been better at telling me things; I've been so helpless for so long that I've missed a lotta side quests, which means I missed a lotta XP. Rats.