Easy way to help people get to level 10! (With turbo controller)

Legchomper

Hey guys I have some magnificent info to share with you all. Now I'm in no way saying I'm the first to discover this, but I have not seen any info on this before so here's what I have to say. 

If you're like me and you have a turbo controller, a PS3/PS4 using the same TV and a number of things you could be doing yet you promised to help someone get to level 10, wouldn't it be nice to do other things... WELL YOU CAN!

Basically what I did was go into my controller settings and unbinded the X button. Although it still has to be pressed in order to select characters and such the default will be Heart and to my knowledge you get the same amount of points killing a level 1 to a level 10. So right now I'm helping someone with my turbo controller by using a rubber band on the X button but since the X is unbinded I'm not doing any homing attacks or whatever it's set to by default. 

This has undoubtedly been brought up somewhere before, but this was fresh to me, it also helps if your boosting partner shares a different time zone. 

The only downside to this method is the chance of running in to randoms, but then that can be resolved by playing the game as originally intended. But this game right now has dead servers and it's unlikely to find other boosting partners the same time.

I hope this helps someone! 

I can also post video proof if needed. 

Edited by Blaidd-Cysgodol
  • Like 3

• 4 years later...

Nice idea. I boost with some people and we switch wins every 50,000 XP points. When it's not my turn to win I use your trick and watch TV. I have a picture in picture TV so I still see what happens in the game in a small window in the lower right of my TV in case anything disrupts progress ?. 

Edited by AiKmAn_MZ