Street Fighter V Producer Talks PS4 Console Exclusivity, Frame Rate(Parity), DLC, Gameplay and More

FlareXV

Hello guys, here's a new video by Dualshockers talking with the producer of SF5 about the upcoming game. In this video Matt Dahlgren talks about console exclusivity, cross-play, frame rate caps for PC and many others things, Enjoy. 

Why is there parity between the PC and PS4

Matt explains in the video that Capcom doesn't want certain people to gain an advantage over others (E.G. PC players can play at 60 - 120 - 240fps or even more while PS4 players only have the luxury of 60fps maximum). The problem is will the single-player modes be also hit by a frames-cap, because a lot of PC owners won't be here for that? So all in all, it is necessary that parity exist for SF5 due to that reason, the only problem is if it's full parity or partial for the PC version.

Source:http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/30/street-fighter-v-producer-talks-ps4-console-exclusivity-frame-rate-dlc-gameplay-and-more/

I really hope they do cross-platform right. I want to be able to join lobbies and set up friendlies with my PC buddies, not just get thrown together with PC randoms in ranked like what Rocket League did.

I hope so too, different developer so let's just hope for the best. Maybe Steam and Sony could team up and add some kind of FRIEND integration system for Steam and PS4.