Repeated Exotic engrams and other 3oC misadventures

stitchesnscars

I stopped playing Destiny at the end of September 2014 and I have been playing almost nonstop after TTK  mainly to farm exotics. My farming started right after the 3oC patch. I love that they have included an element in the game to finally get some of the exotics other than the random bounty  but, the repeat-ability is ridiculous. 

What I am saying is nothing new, you can see multiple reddit threads about people with 10+ Alpha Lupis and 6 hawkmoons, Kotaku has even taken noticed and written an article about this "phenomenon" that was supposed to be addressed but still has not to this date. Ive been farming mainly for primary engrams here has what has dropped for me so far.

4 Zhalo Supercell(one of these was a nightfall reward the others were dropped)

3 Suros Regime

2 Last Words

1 Jade Rabbit

1 Monte Carlo

I previously had the blueprint for the Bad Juju though it has not dropped.

The one weapon that I have been chasing for the longest time that I do not have a blueprint for and requires no special quest that is not on the list is the Red Death, the game refuses to drop it for any reason. As an extra slap in the face the game has given me 2 of its cousin the Red Spectre, i must have really offended RNGesus. I do realize that Xur sold the RD a lot in year 1 but as i said i quit after late september of 2014 (yes this is my fault, my fault alone)

Has anyone else dropped a Red Death year 2 during their 3oC farming? What other weapons are you going for but just cant seem to get (that are not quest specific)?

Have you tried buying the legacy engram from Xur and then just buying a year 2 from the blue print? I got one this way before I realized what the legacy engrams were and stopped buying them. Too bad I already had one though.

I haven't farmed exotics since Bungie fixed the Draksis exploit. I understand your frustration though. I've gotten five skullforts and three crests of alpha lupi. I have no real need for exotic shards so it doesn't hurt me to infuse them in to something else. There's also a small chance of getting 310 dupes once you're light level 300+.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

It's well known that the exotics have glitched due to how they do rng the best way to fix it is by doing exotic engrams 1 at a time wait 30 seconds inbetween but even then the chances went way up of getting the same ones over and over i had 21 the other day 12 was invetive and the rest was hawkmoons.

Thanks, i did forget to add that my method for decoding was to get one exotic and decode it. I never collected more than 1 at a time. Yes the secondary are even worse because the game only has a pool  of 4 to choose from, Invective, Hereafter,Telesto ,4th horseman. Im at the point now where every exotic secondary engram i receive is an automatic green shard because of all the multiples. 

Have you tried buying the legacy engram from Xur and then just buying a year 2 from the blue print? I got one this way before I realized what the legacy engrams were and stopped buying them. Too bad I already had one though.

I haven't farmed exotics since Bungie fixed the Draksis exploit. I understand your frustration though. I've gotten five skullforts and three crests of alpha lupi. I have no real need for exotic shards so it doesn't hurt me to infuse them in to something else. There's also a small chance of getting 310 dupes once you're light level 300+.

Thanks Rowdi, i did try that the first week when he was selling primary engrams but he has only been selling legacy heavy engrams for the past couple of weeks. Ive even tried doing some prison of elders in the hopes that i might drop a red death year 1 but ive only gotten a gjallahorn and some other queens weapons.

Other than the fact that I don't have it i mainly asked because i haven't heard about this gun dropping multiple times for anyone, or even at all since TTK. 

Other than the fact that I don't have it i mainly asked because i haven't heard about this gun dropping multiple times for anyone, or even at all since TTK. 

The chest right before the Gorgon labyrinth in VoG and the Deathsinger and Crota in CE have a chance to drop exotics (year 1) if you're interested in farming those. Shouldn't be too hard to spread the cp around if you're able to find people still wanting to do those raids.