BUG: Password Not Being Recognized In My Settings

damon8r351
Go to solution Solved by Sly Ripper,

There's an issue in My Settings with inputted passwords not being recognized. Say you want to reset your password, so you go My Settings, input your current password, input your new password twice...up pops an angry red box saying your current password is incorrect. Same thing if you want to change your display name, you go to My Settings, then Display Name, change your name, input your password...another angry red box saying your current password is incorrect. So you panic a bit, think maybe someone's changed your password, not really in the right state of mind, and you log out to see if your password works that way. It does. You check everything again and the same result. You check on a different browser and even a different computer, and the same result.

Shit be broke, yo.

Which settings?

Specifically, under Display Name and also under Email & Password. So if you want to try to change your forum display name, it asks you to input your current password and when you type it in it says it's wrong even if it's definitely correct. Also, if you want to change your email or your password under Email & Password, both things ask for your current password and says it's wrong even if it's definitely correct.

When you log into the website this way, password input works like it should, so it seems it's only an issue with those two things in My Settings for the forums.

Also, I was using both Firefox and Safari to figure this out, so if it's a browser issue, then it's those two browsers.

Edited by damon8r351