Raccoon's GFX Shop

Raccoon_0

I was wondering if you could help me with one I was trying to make for myself. Ignore the shoddy patchwork I tried to do on liara's eye, lol. Ok so...the other photo is of lightning but her hair is covering her other eye and I couldn't get it "lighter" or burn it properly. Everything I did just made it look worse and uneven. I have another picture of lightning that I could use in place of this one if need be. But I was wondering if this was actually fixable. I'm trying to teach myself but there's a few things I'm finding harder to learn than I thought it would be.

I don't remember if this one has the layers but I was using gimp, not photoshop but if I still have the version with layers I can change the format to .png if you need those to work with. Or give you the 2 pictures and let you work with them as you want.

PYB0TuW.png

I was wondering if you could help me with one I was trying to make for myself. Ignore the shoddy patchwork I tried to do on liara's eye, lol. Ok so...the other photo is of lightning but her hair is covering her other eye and I couldn't get it "lighter" or burn it properly. Everything I did just made it look worse and uneven. I have another picture of lightning that I could use in place of this one if need be. But I was wondering if this was actually fixable. I'm trying to teach myself but there's a few things I'm finding harder to learn than I thought it would be.

I don't remember if this one has the layers but I was using gimp, not photoshop but if I still have the version with layers I can change the format to .png if you need those to work with. Or give you the 2 pictures and let you work with them as you want.

PYB0TuW.png

PNG just makes it stick together the problem is GIMP isn't very reliable, can you save GIMP files as PSD? that would work with me since I only use Photoshop and last question (sorry my English makes me ask questions xD) you want the eye lighter so it stands out and for the rest of the picture to blend itself in?

Yeah I can help you with that. Also you should download CS2 Photoshop for future projects to practice on its free legally now if you look on Google :pp

If you can't save it as PSD just hide other layers with one layer showing and save each picture in its current state and il put it together

Eg. Layer 1 = lightning

Layer 2 =liara

Layer 3 = effect

Hide 2 layers save one as PNG, do the same for each one. So I can put it together.

Edited by Raccoon

PNG just makes it stick together the problem is GIMP isn't very reliable, can you save GIMP files as PSD? that would work with me since I only use Photoshop and last question (sorry my English makes me ask questions xD) you want the eye lighter so it stands out and for the rest of the picture to blend itself in?

Yeah I can help you with that. Also you should download CS2 Photoshop for future projects to practice on its free legally now if you look on Google :pp

If you can't save it as PSD just hide other layers with one layer showing and save each picture in its current state and il put it together

Eg. Layer 1 = lightning

Layer 2 =liara

Layer 3 = effect

Hide 2 layers save one as PNG, do the same for each one. So I can put it together.

I bought corel paint shop pro ultimate 8, its supposed to be here monday or tuesday. I figured something properly expensive might be better in some cases  :lol:. I'll give CS2 a look though. 

Nah gimp can't save in .psd files. And it will only save the layers in .xcf (only read by gimp). I can post the images single and you grab them like that- effects image is just a nebula background-blue in this case. I can post a single of that too if you don't have one. 

Edit- I forgot to answer your question lol, yeah I wanted the eyes to be an like an overlay transparent but visible and there you know. The way that purple just creeped in at the bottom under her eye was perfect and accident on my part but I loved it. 

Liara- its been resized to 400x200

Lightning- I left her large at 640x480

Nebula1 and Nebula2- I couldn't remember which one I had used but they are from 2 different blue nebula stocks and resized 400x200

Edited by Not_like_therest

I bought corel paint shop pro ultimate 8, its supposed to be here monday or tuesday. I figured something properly expensive might be better in some cases  :lol:. I'll give CS2 a look though. 

Nah gimp can't save in .psd files. And it will only save the layers in .xcf (only read by gimp). I can post the images single and you grab them like that- effects image is just a nebula background-blue in this case. I can post a single of that too if you don't have one. 

Edit- I forgot to answer your question lol, yeah I wanted the eyes to be an like an overlay transparent but visible and there you know. The way that purple just creeped in at the bottom under her eye was perfect and accident on my part but I loved it. 

Liara- its been resized to 400x200

Lightning- I left her large at 640x480

Nebula1 and Nebula2- I couldn't remember which one I had used but they are from 2 different blue nebula stocks and resized 400x200

Photoshop is kinda the strongest ~ programs like the ones you mentioned are often for business men doing posters while all the editing happens on Photoshop (blending in, beauty, models etc.) So you might just wanna download the cs2 one.

Okay thanks for the materials il have it done latest tomorrow night (UK time)

Photoshop is kinda the strongest ~ programs like the ones you mentioned are often for business men doing posters while all the editing happens on Photoshop (blending in, beauty, models etc.) So you might just wanna download the cs2 one.

Okay thanks for the materials il have it done latest tomorrow night (UK time)

Ok thanks

You should at least download first the trial version before buying", I did use corel draw x4 before and found out it's good in converting vid->gif. 

Anyway before buying a cs2, check this link first",

http://www.cnet.com/news/adobe-releases-creative-suite-2-for-free/

I believe cs2 is best suit for winxp. later o.s. probably the cause of the glitch therefore they recommend those old versions",

You should at least download first the trial version before buying", I did use corel draw x4 before and found out it's good in converting vid->gif. 

Anyway before buying a cs2, check this link first",

http://www.cnet.com/news/adobe-releases-creative-suite-2-for-free/

I believe cs2 is best suit for winxp. later o.s. probably the cause of the glitch therefore they recommend those old versions",

Thanks, I do have windows 8 so probably. I had used paint shop pro when I was about 15/16 in early 2000's. It was under the names Jasc/Jasper back then not just Corel (could never tell who actually developed it and who the publishers were, name size changed every year). I also have daz 3d on my pc but I'm not planning on doing the heavy duty make my own renders any time soon, but Corel has a deal on their site (daz 3d) where the images and stuff can be used with its program and they are super cheap at times so I look forward to seeing if its something I want to use. It was on amazons lightning sale so it's not like I'm out a 100 bucks for the program alone, but still hope I get better use out of it and learn how to get better use out of gimp because I'm not paying adobe hand over fist per month just to learn how to play with it.

Make your pc into dual boot hehe", win 8 and xp if your machine is powerful enough to do so", i5 or later and for amd a6 or later i think!

My friend suggested me before to use daz 3d but i haven't time to it. he says it's friendly use. you can rotate model something like that",

For adobe, how about using portable versions just to play with it? CS2 and 3 is my recommendation", 

and for the author, sorry for the off topic", Nice artworks anyway", Can I request fonts instead of signature? I'm only using default fonts 

the whole time hehe", My fonts, brushes, patterns and etc, i forgot where i put hehe",

Make your pc into dual boot hehe", win 8 and xp if your machine is powerful enough to do so", i5 or later and for amd a6 or later i think!

My friend suggested me before to use daz 3d but i haven't time to it. he says it's friendly use. you can rotate model something like that",

For adobe, how about using portable versions just to play with it? CS2 and 3 is my recommendation", 

and for the author, sorry for the off topic", Nice artworks anyway", Can I request fonts instead of signature? I'm only using default fonts 

the whole time hehe", My fonts, brushes, patterns and etc, i forgot where i put hehe",

I've thought about it, to see what windows 10 was about but idk if I even have the key for windows 8.1. Plus this is an acer from walmart, I dont wanna invest too heavily in upgrading it. Daz 3d is pretty friendly, it has several tuts and I have only watched one so far, plus it has different workplace modes depending on how knowledgeable you are.

The rotation models were in the first tut I chose, you can change sitting vs standing, arms out, angle of their head

I've thought about it, to see what windows 10 was about but idk if I even have the key for windows 8.1. Plus this is an acer from walmart, I dont wanna invest too heavily in upgrading it. Daz 3d is pretty friendly, it has several tuts and I have only watched one so far, plus it has different workplace modes depending on how knowledgeable you are.

The rotation models were in the first tut I chose, you can change sitting vs standing, arms out, angle of their head

If you are talking about getting windows 10 you can download the media creator tool and get it in 2 hours, it works on my acer laptop and also on my PC.

Now it may look weird but you wanted it dark while the eye light so it took a while... it's not so easy because the layer has a special effect so if I erase nebula under the eye it gets transparent so I needed to seperately dodge it and then control it.

cUI5x5r.png2trIZIj.png85z8A6e.png

I figured you wanted to do the text

Sure but you need to know I don't do the fonts, I download them.

If you are talking about getting windows 10 you can download the media creator tool and get it in 2 hours, it works on my acer laptop and also on my PC.

Now it may look weird but you wanted it dark while the eye light so it took a while... it's not so easy because the layer has a special effect so if I erase nebula under the eye it gets transparent so I needed to seperately dodge it and then control it.

cUI5x5r.png2trIZIj.png85z8A6e.png

I figured you wanted to do the text

Thanks! It looks great! I saved all 3 :D. Lol ya know I never tried that with the nebula layer because I thought it would reflect through weirdly with color of next layer, I pasted a duplicate copy of the eye and even attempted patch job with her hair but when I merged it disappeared and I just got angry with it. 

I have the iso for windows 10 but the customer service lady for microsoft said I would need the key that came with my windows 8.1. I don't know if the software was included when I unpacked, I haven't tried to find the box yet. If need be I could buy an activation key from the one who fixes my pc when it goes on the fritz, beyond a simple restore or whatever. But I don't want to set up a virtual machine unless I buy another few gigs of ram (it has 4 with over 3.5 available to use) because once I set 1 up then I would want to set up another. One for 10 and one for xp to use cs2 to on.

My dad also uses the pc to play solitaire on (hes old, like over 70, he doesn't handle new tech well....it took me several years to get him used to the old flip cellphone). So I had to install a classic shell since he couldn't make sense of the tablet squares then I had to find a classic solitaire game.

Your activation key is found in your system in control panel there will be Activation key and a long code. Also remember you can make a restore point before trying to do it so in a emergency when you boot you can go back to what your laptop was.

In situations like this you have to think what is under the thing that makes it dark and its the nebula so after messing with it yeah it helped a bit.

Lol your dad xD I am sure there is solitaire on windows 10

Advertisement time for me: New signature available guys... Have a look?

*doing this for free still treats it like a store*

Thanks! It looks great! I saved all 3 :D. Lol ya know I never tried that with the nebula layer because I thought it would reflect through weirdly with color of next layer, I pasted a duplicate copy of the eye and even attempted patch job with her hair but when I merged it disappeared and I just got angry with it.

I have the iso for windows 10 but the customer service lady for microsoft said I would need the key that came with my windows 8.1. I don't know if the software was included when I unpacked, I haven't tried to find the box yet. If need be I could buy an activation key from the one who fixes my pc when it goes on the fritz, beyond a simple restore or whatever. But I don't want to set up a virtual machine unless I buy another few gigs of ram (it has 4 with over 3.5 available to use) because once I set 1 up then I would want to set up another. One for 10 and one for xp to use cs2 to on.

My dad also uses the pc to play solitaire on (hes old, like over 70, he doesn't handle new tech well....it took me several years to get him used to the old flip cellphone). So I had to install a classic shell since he couldn't make sense of the tablet squares then I had to find a classic solitaire game.

^ forgot to qoute you Edited by Raccoon